- από pianobadger, 10 μήνες πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5I've been using Gesturefy for years. It's a great add-on and I appreciate the new features in 3.0, but getting rid of everyone's custom gestures without even giving them some way to view a list of what they were was not great. It is in fact quite annoying.
Also, the option to have the same gesture perform different actions depending on whether or not is it started on a link has been removed, which sucks.
Since I have to rebuilt my gestures from scratch and a useful functionality has been removed, this seems like a great time to see what else is currently available.
Απάντηση προγραμματιστήδημοσιεύτηκε στις 10 μήνες πρινIt was not planned that gestures would be lost! Actually, all gestures should be adopted, which worked in our tests and in my case. But for some others apparently not.
- από Χρήστης Firefox 14412705, 2 χρόνια πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶P̶L̶E̶A̶S̶E̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶T̶O̶P̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶?̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶n̶o̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶
Otherwise great addon, keep up the good work (and start by fixing this issue I just mentioned)
Απάντηση προγραμματιστήδημοσιεύτηκε στις 2 χρόνια πρινYou are probably using Firefox sync, so your settings get overwritten from the settings of another device. You can find a related issue here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues/360
- από Χρήστης Firefox 14145784, 3 χρόνια πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5'마우스 오른쪽 버튼을 누른 채 왼쪽 클릭'을 '링크를 전경 탭으로 열기'로 설정한 뒤 링크를 전경 탭으로 열었을 때 마우스 포인터가 손가락 모양으로 고정됩니다. 마우스포인터를 화면 위쪽의 도구 상자나 아래쪽의 작업 표시줄로 옮기면 화살표 모양으로 돌아옵니다.
- από Χρήστης Firefox 12166901, 3 χρόνια πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5This is the best gestures addon I’ve found. Unfortunately, since the last upgrade it frequently fails to recognize gestures that use to always work, and redrawing the failing patterns did not help.
Setting the Deviation tolerance to 0.35 and Distance Threshold to 5 helped pattern recognition, but that makes it interpret everything as a pattern, even some crazy movement that I do to try cancelling the gesture. So I also enabled Activate idle timeout but I haven’t yet gotten use to use to it.
IMHO, 4 directions gestures worked perfectly. If you do the math it offered over 80 possible gestures with 1 to 3 strokes and over 300 with 4 strokes. I can’t think on anyone needing more than that, but maybe 8 directions gesture would have been an interesting middle ground instead of the vector sequence.
I’ll continue to use Gesturefy, it’s still the best I’ve found in it’s kind. I hope I’ll either get use to the new approach or that future versions will better understand me and my mouse.Hey, The first problem is a known limitation and stated in the addon description. Not a single extension will curently work on mozilla.org.
About your second point: If you are missing a prticular feature feel free to request it here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues
- από Pierre-Adrien Buisson, 3 χρόνια πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5Does what's expected from a gestures addon, and works really well. It took some time to see new solutions emerge after the new webextension standard was introduced, but gesturefy does an excellent work so far. Thanks for your work!
- από Χρήστης Firefox 13672878, 3 χρόνια πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5This extension lacks some very needed features like when I select different words on webpages then do a gesture a pop-up should open with all my websearch engines or at least 4 or 5 of them that I could add on the settings and then I select the search engine and a new tab would open in the background or foreground with the search, that way I usually search for content on the web with Google, Youtube, Dictionary or other webpages that have search engines on them, it's very easy to search content that way you just select words like complete song names then do a gesture select Youtube and voila the song is found, or select names open Google images and find the person, even on Facebook, Twiter etc.This feature is already planned, unfortunatly it requires some additional API, which is not yet implemented by mozilla. For more information see here: https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues/99
- από Χρήστης Firefox 13459690, 3 χρόνια πρινΒαθμολογία 3 από 5Pretty good, but there are few improvements to be made.
1.) I'd like to use the same gesture to open a new empty window(s) and to open a link to a new window (if starting gesture from link). At the moment this is not possible with Gesturefy, since it can only be done if using tabs and I for example would like to use several browser windows instead of tabs.
2.) It would be nice to be able open pictures to a new window when starting new window/tab gesture above them. Just like if they were links.
Both of these were implemented on All-in-one-mouse-gestures that is not working with new Firefox anymore and I'm trying to find replacement to it. Gesturefy is close, but not quite. These features should not be limited by Webextension API, so I'm hoping and praying that you update Gesturefy with those.