- von hawk999, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI loved using this but now i guess there has been an update and i cant use the TTS voice i have on my PC anymore, When i first started using this there was an option to use the voice i had on my PC now that option is gone, I hate all these voices... Let me use the TTS voice i have.Hi there, a recent Windows update has disappeared all SAPI voices from all browsers, not just Firefox. This affects not only Read Aloud but any addons or website cannot access your SAPI voices. Unfortunately we have found no workaround to this issue at this time.
- von Petr F., vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFixed Google Translate on Firefox 91.0.2 and Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader 1.45.1
Repair instructions - https://ulozto.cz/file/9yZs7Shk0LoQ/repair-read-aloud-a-text-to-speech-voice-reader-zip
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16987569, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenVersion 1.45
The add-on says: "You need to grant additional permissions to enable Google Translate voices." But when you click at the underlined "permissions", it leads nowhere.
- von OneSource, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenIt is kind of sad that Firefox, unlike Microsoft Edge, needs an extension to read text on a page. That is one of my top 10 reasons why I use Edge in the first place.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12648956, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenStarting off with the default voice I felt it will be a 1 star rating. I went through many voice options and they are pretty much all robotic and of low sound quality. The real slap in the face occurs when selecting a Google standard voice, you need to grant extra permissions which is fine and you are redirected to Google's text to speech site (https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/#put-text-to-speech-into-action)
The voice on the Google site (wavenet-d) is what most people would enjoy, very natural and of high sound quality BUT it is not what you then using this addon.
This addon does what it says on the tin, >eat bean every day 8-/
Fad/FartHi there, Google charges $16/million characters for Wavenet voices. Going through that permission process is the only way to get it for free, albeit for a limited time. This text-to-speech technology is still very new, that's why Google and others charge a lot of money for it. But we expect it will become a commodity in the future. Microsoft Edge indeed already provides some very high quality TTS voices for free with its browser.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16096579, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThe add-on is great and overall it works very well. You can customize the speech speed and pitch, stop, and rewind it. That said, it does have an issue on some linux distributions where it crashes the pulseaudio driver (but not all). It's not clear why this happens, but when it does the driver has to be restarted and then the plugin doesn't work again until a reboot. It's a bit of a niche problem so I only took off one star for it. That said, I put in a bug report for it and have heard nothing back from the dev despite a patch being released after my bug report.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13556289, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenGood when it works, which is not often.
Can't go a single day without google's voices breaking and requesting to "grant permission/admission" from google's TTS page.
- von Ty, vor 3 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenIt works fine but it could be better. My only issue is that it doesn't read some math symbols properly, which is the main reason I installed this extension.