- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon whitevamp, vor 23 Tagenseams to be a decent app, except it will not load the extra MS voices I have installed through accessibility > narrator will only load the default 4 voice packs, the default 4 voice packs suck, thats built into winblows. would like to see it pick up these extra voice packs.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Marooned, vor 5 MonatenQuite handful however, keyboard shortcuts does not work at all. I've tried a few different ones and non of them activated text to speech. The only way working for me is to select the text and use context menu. Also the voices are very robotic but I assume it's just using those embedded in Windows so it's not the issue of the extension itself.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Extended Player, vor 7 Monatenwhy can't i tap on "Singin to use Premium Voices"? It does nothing when i tap it in the Extention's settings screen! Now i'm trying to figure out how to get it back to original out how to get back onto lame default voices.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Dollique, vor 8 MonatenWorks, but only for english. When there are japanese characters (Hiragana) in the text the voice will skip them.
Also would be nice if the speed could be adjusted directly when it's reading and not only in the settings.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon suzyjak, vor einem JahrIt kept reading the same paragraph over and over again, so I tried to stop it !
I pressed stop-
Ishut down Firefox-
I closed every window-
I couldn't get it to stop-
Finally I had to restart my phone. That worked ツ
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Messenger, vor einem JahrIt is very successful, very useful, but when I select the text and open the contex menu, the browser freezes. This problem occurred after Firefox 84 release. I hope you take this improvement seriously and fix the problem. Thanks.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12148978, vor einem JahrI've identified one significant problem using this add-on. That problem is that this add-on opens in a new window. It should simply open in a new tab, if it has to open a new anything at all. When an add-on opens a new window, if the user closes out the prior window with all his tabs, leaving the read aloud window open, it risks the danger of the user's prior session being wiped out, with all his tabs going with it, and when the user invokes Firefox again, all he gets is the window opened by read aloud. Unfortunately, my experience is that add-ons which claim to record and purportedly allow the reloading of prior sessions, meaning a set of tabs, simply do not work reliably when a new window has been opened.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Toni, vor einem JahrWorked beautiful for months, now choppy. Will start reading and then stop. Tried everything to correct, updated my browser, reinstalled the addon...same result. Disappointed, need to stop wasting my time and install another tool.
Edit - tried other text to speech apps available thru firefox, they were awful. Back and hoping the issue will disappear.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Display Name, vor 2 JahrenFeature requests/suggestions
1. Most desired/important:
a. Please code it so speech doesn't stop when adjusting the speed during playback
b. Please add keyboard shortcuts to increase and decrease speed
a. Please allow users to set their own custom keys for the keyboard shortcuts
b. Please allow users to mark their preferred voices as 'Favorites' and group all favorites on the top of the drop-down list.
c. Please add keyboard shortcuts for changing the current voice to other voices added to the user's favorites
Voice1: Alt/Option + 1
Voice2: Alt/Option + 2
Next favorite voice: Alt/Option + ]
Previous favorite voice: Alt/Option + [
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13549919, vor 2 JahrenThere are plenty of websites that will read text aloud so I thought this would be about that quality. The voice is awful. Like really bad. It technically does the job so 3 stars but I'd sooner just end up copying the text into a site without a terrible voice. It's like a beta Microsoft Sam from Windows 3.1 circa 1992
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12178744, vor 2 Jahrenit's good tool but still need some work on control. still stuck when I try to reread a previous paragraph. then after that none of the buttons work. it just stuck and keep reading.