- von Firefox-Benutzer 14822391, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenIt only reads the headings not the actual page content. There is no option to choose anything. DO NOT TOUCH. This is the 2nd time I have tried this on 3 different computers and 3 different accounts. I am deleting and trying something else
- von Lenonsart, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenNice, exactly what i needed, i can't read kanji so it's really helpfull for reading japanese text.
It's nice that it can use windows text to speech voices if you download them from the store, a lot better than google ones. It would be nice if there was an option to change the hotkeys, i use a mouse macro for reading highlited text, the shortcut is kind of difficult to reach if i have one hand on the mouse(Alt+P).
- von HiddenPalm, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThis went from a 5 star to a 1 star review because of one simple thing. It now ONLY uses Google TTS. It stopped using my own TTS. I use Ivona 2 Amy (british female). It was working perfectly not to long ago, and I gave them time to fix the issue but it appears the dev has no intention of fixing it and is ok with the cheap robotic google voices.
- von gwho, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenabsolute nightmare.
you can tell it to start reading from a new location after it has already started reading.
shortcut hotkeys don't work at all.
there is no shortcut for speed adjust.
it doesn't tell you what voice it's reading with when it's on auto select.
if you press previous, and there is no data loaded in its memory, it'll stop playing. this means you cannot go back farther than the current page. what garbage.
so many other problems that are basic obvious UX design flaws.
How does this have 4 stars? How does anyone use this without tearing their hair out?
If you only ever need to read from beginning to end then i suppose this gets 5 stars.
- von PH, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenJust started to use; will update my review over the time.
Generally it reads most English mechanically correct... could be better.
Areas for improvement:
1. with livelier intonation.
2. The currency sign "¥" is not just for Japanese Yen, but also Chinese RMB... you know?
3. UI does not function properly on the flight: it does not switch voice promptly.
4. "Pause" and "Stop" buttons do not work... I have to terminate all browser sessions, not just the webpage it works on.
- von TheConservativeCrocodile, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFantastic! Incredible that it's free! The only improvement I would like is support for reading local PDFs without uploading them to their server.