Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15195116, vor 4 Jahren
Does not seem to work for mobile android use. Nothing happens when you click the "toggle reader view" button, even though it works when you manually add about:reader?url=
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon marc, vor einem MonatOn recent versions of Firefox the alternative method of using the configuration editor to set “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” no longer works. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1696698
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon aalvarado, vor einem Jahrthis statement in the changelog:
> As a user pointed out, setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” using the configuration editor will force the icon to be visible as well, without the need to install this add-on.
Does not work everywhere.
This extension, with the obvious exception of mozilla pages, does work everywhere. Install this extesion if you would like an `Book like experience in sites like Wikipedia, Cheat sheets. Articles, etc!
You can save it as an epub (never do mobi. `.mobi` is a walled garden, wouldn't touch it with a stick) or a `.pdf` file.
You can print it and stick it on your wall. Just imagine having that page laying next to you about your vim shortcuts.
Thank you gitlab.com/fkohrt!!
// self promotion:
// Using Jira? Want dark mode but you want variety?
// Have changes and want to contribute ideas or better yet. Code?
// please check out
// You use Stylus and/or Usercss?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon testuser42, vor 2 JahrenDoes not a lot, but does what it says, so I'm gonna give it 5 Stars. However, I'm not gonna use it anymore, as I frequently need to edit the text in reader view - thanks for linking similar descriptions below.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15045770, vor 3 JahrenWorks great! Appreciate the open source!
Setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" actually does NOT always work; pick a random article off of www.cnn.com for an example. This plugin forces reader mode even when that option fails. Thank you.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Hector, vor 3 JahrenPlease consider adding a shortcut/hotkey to activate this feature. There is no way to do that by default firefox settings.
True, about:config can get similar feature as this addon, so maybe adding a hotkey would make this addon a very useful suppliment for the default settings!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon DarkFalcon, vor 3 JahrenI know you can force the Reader Mode via About:config, however I like being able to distinguish which pages Firefox "supports" reader mode, vs when it needs to be forced.
The only change I would suggest, I don't know if the addon keeps a state recorded, but I keep finding myself pushing the addon button to try exit reading mode - since I used the button to enter reading mode, only for nothing to happen and I have to click the traditional reading mode button to exit. I know I will probably learn not to do this "wrong behavior", but I would like the addon button to Enter/Exit reading mode, it just seems more intuitive. The button's hover text does say "Toggle Reader View" after all, and not "Turn on Reader View", so I would expect it to actually toggle :D
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenSounds reasonable! I'm kinda busy in the moment but will look into it when time allows. In the meantime I gladly accept pull requests at https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/activate-reader-view