Bewertet mit 4,2 von 5 Sternen
4,2 von 5 Sternen
- von Korwin, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenСтавилось для чтения переводов вебстраниц на translate.google.com. После нажатия на кнопку дополнения ничего не происходит. Firefox 66.0a1 x64, Windows 10.
- von John Wayne Goodin, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenClearly one of the most powerful and easy to use Readers for Firefox you can get. Control all the features right in the extension's left hand panel. No need to go anywhere else just to control features. Would like however to be able to call it up from the right click context menu in addition to the toolbar icon. Just makes it a little bit simpler to get access.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14362794, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDid not work on any page I tried unless the default icon (the one built-in to Firefox) already present.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrI’m aware of that and mention it in the description: The way this add-on activates the Reader View is still not supported by Firefox but eventually will be. I created an alternative for the time being: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/activate-reader-view-bookmark/
[edit 2019-06-09] It works now, version 0.1.1 of the add-on does what it should do.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 10919506, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternen"Allerdings verhindert die neue Schnittstelle aktuell das „Erzwingen“ der Leseansicht. Dies wird sich in den nächsten Wochen ändern."
8 Monate später ist das Problem weiterhin ungelöst, oder? Kann jedenfalls nach wie vor keine Leseansicht erzwingen.Ja, sehr nervig! Ich habe jetzt ein Add-on erstellt, das das Problem mit Hilfe von Lesezeichen umgeht: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/activate-reader-view-bookmark/
[Bearbeitung 9. 6. 2019] Version 0.1.1 dieses Add-ons funktioniert nun wie vorgesehen, das genannte alternative Add-on ist nicht mehr nötig.
- von Айбек, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDoesn't work for pages with majority of text is under a spoiler. Similar page on the same website but with more text outside spoiler works just fine and reader mode shows text under spoler. In the case when it didn't work the amount of text outside spoiler was less but inside was more. Activating reader mode through about:reader?url= works, this addon is seemingly not much more useful than not having it.Hi, thanks for your feedback!
What this add-on does is, it just helps activating the Reader View, which is an internal Firefox tool (see http://mzl.la/1cHarCP). Hence, requests concerning the Reader View itself (and not issues regarding opening it with this add-on) should be directed to Mozilla's Bugzilla platform and specifically tagged with "Component: Reader Mode": https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?component=Reader%20Mode&product=Toolkit&bug_status=__open__
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13784714, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPerfect, it show me a site in a smaller column, it makes easier for my eyes to jump from a line to the following line. Again, perfect
- von baltimore-recyclers, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI like to read news, but news sites are rife with advertisements and videos.
It's a minor thing if your are going down the highway, and as you get a near a town you start seeing billboards. But what if you had to slow down, stop and detour around billboards just to get past the town? It's a damn shame, but that's what the internet has become with all of the advertisement spending.
At least with television, when the show starts, the advertisements have to wait.
Firefox's reader mode is a good remedy for all that malarkey. Problem is, on more than a few sites, reader mode won't work or doesn't work correctly. This add-on resolves that very nicely.
Thanks, very much, for a nice add-on.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13500696, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt works perfectly, but after the quantum update it stopped working...
I tried firefox nightly 59.0a1 version with this 0.1.0 it work on some site with reader view availability but it will not FORCE the site....
Unlike the older version such as 0.0.7 which uses the code about:reader?url= which will FORCE the page into reader view mode...
I hope there will be an update to FORCE reader view mode on the new firefoxHi, thanks for the feedback!
Yes, you are right, I haven't noticed that: The new WebExtensions API for the reader mode does not allow pages to be forced into reader mode.
I wrote to the API developer, let's hope that this behaviour will change: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286387#c16
[edit 2017-12-5] Alright, behaviour will be changed, only a matter of time now!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13467492, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am really going to miss this in the Quantum version of Foxfire. Very handy for for pages that have noisy and distracting video-rich advertisements.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 10819582, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIs there any possibility of this extension being supported for the Pale Moon browser? I suspect there will be a mass exodus of the extension junkies, like myself, as Firefox 57 approaches, and Pale Moon browser seems to be where a lot of us are landing because of their commitment to continuing add-on/extension integration.Hi,
thank you for the feedback!
What this add-on does is it basically calls the reader mode which is integrated into Firefox using a provided protocol. In Pale Moon, however, the reader mode is most likely not meant to be accessible, neither by users nor by add-ons.
One therefore first has to tweak the Pale Moon source code in a way that the reader mode becomes accessible.
But there already exist add-ons that mimic the behaviour of the Firefox reader mode and work for Pale Moon, for example “Enjoy Reading”  which also specifically targets Pale Moon . Another one working for Pale Moon is “TidyRead” , which runs only in compatibility mode right now, though.
Hope this helps!
- von Sn3ipen, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI hate how Firefox never gets it right when i need the reader view. This extension fixes a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Will there be a webextension?Hi, thanks for the feedback!
> Will there be a webextension?
The Reader View is right now accessed by using Firefox' internal ‘about:’ protocol. Currently there is neither a way to work on pages behind that protocol, i. e. redirecting to such a page, using WebExtensions nor exists a specific Reader View API.
The latter, however, might get implemented as announced on the respective mailinglist: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/dev-addons/2017-August/003063.html
The corresponding bug, to which the lowest ‘P5’ priority is assigned, can be found here: https://bugzil.la/1286387
Once the functionality is available, I plan to update the add-on.
Add-on has been updated to work in Firefox “Quantum”.
- von Hammerman, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt is a great tool and thank you for providing it. It does not render the original date of the articles. For some reason it updates the date and time to current time. Please fix.> It is a great tool and thank you for providing it. It does not
> render the original date of the articles. For some reason it
> updates the date and time to current time. Please fix.
Hi, thanks for your feedback!
In general, this add-on just helps activating the Reader View, which is an internal Firefox tool (see http://mzl.la/1cHarCP). Hence, requests concerning the Reader View itself (and not issues regarding opening it with this add-on) should be directed to Mozilla's Bugzilla platform and specifically tagged with "Component: Reader Mode": https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?component=Reader%20Mode&product=Toolkit&bug_status=__open__
Now regarding your issue: As far as I know, the Reader View displays in its upper left corner the estimated time needed to read the article and *not* the date/time when the article has been published. It is possible, however, that in your case those publishing information where additionally displayed somewhere and were incorrect. That may be out of control of the reader view. But as I said, either file a bug or ask in Mozilla's support forum (https://support.mozilla.org/) for help, as it's a Firefox internal thing.
- von Rick17, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI love this addon! I hate to read with my eyes and this allows me to read with my ears. What a relief!!
However, does it work correctly with NoScript?Thanks, that's great to hear!
> However, does it work correctly with NoScript?
Yes, the add-on can work correctly with NoScript, just add the following address to the whitelist in your NoScript options: