Bewertungen von Firefox-Benutzer 16596123
Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 16596123, vor einem Jahr
The one click way to bypass publication paywalls!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon aalvarado, vor 10 Monatenthis statement in the changelog:
> As a user pointed out, setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” using the configuration editor will force the icon to be visible as well, without the need to install this add-on.
Does not work everywhere.
This extension, with the obvious exception of mozilla pages, does work everywhere. Install this extesion if you would like an `Book like experience in sites like Wikipedia, Cheat sheets. Articles, etc!
You can save it as an epub (never do mobi. `.mobi` is a walled garden, wouldn't touch it with a stick) or a `.pdf` file.
You can print it and stick it on your wall. Just imagine having that page laying next to you about your vim shortcuts.
Thank you gitlab.com/fkohrt!!
// self promotion:
// Using Jira? Want dark mode but you want variety?
// Have changes and want to contribute ideas or better yet. Code?
// please check out
// You use Stylus and/or Usercss?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 17406742, vor einem Jahrdie interne Leseansicht von firefox funktioniert manchmahl nicht, mit dem addon geht es in soeinem fall dann doch.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon DaddyCool, vor einem JahrIt seems that setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” no longer has any effect (some say ever since FF75). Anyway, with or without it there are sites' pages which can perfectly well be viewed in Reader Mode and yet the mode is inaccessible with Firefox as is... but is perfectly accessible with this 'Activate Reader View' : try CNN pages for instance. I happen to wonder if sites have any authority on blocking the native Page Mode... Anyway, this extension does it. Very nice work.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon testuser42, vor 2 JahrenDoes not a lot, but does what it says, so I'm gonna give it 5 Stars. However, I'm not gonna use it anymore, as I frequently need to edit the text in reader view - thanks for linking similar descriptions below.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15045770, vor 2 JahrenWorks great! Appreciate the open source!
Setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" actually does NOT always work; pick a random article off of www.cnn.com for an example. This plugin forces reader mode even when that option fails. Thank you.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Hector, vor 2 JahrenPlease consider adding a shortcut/hotkey to activate this feature. There is no way to do that by default firefox settings.
True, about:config can get similar feature as this addon, so maybe adding a hotkey would make this addon a very useful suppliment for the default settings!
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenvon DarkFalcon, vor 3 JahrenI know you can force the Reader Mode via About:config, however I like being able to distinguish which pages Firefox "supports" reader mode, vs when it needs to be forced.
The only change I would suggest, I don't know if the addon keeps a state recorded, but I keep finding myself pushing the addon button to try exit reading mode - since I used the button to enter reading mode, only for nothing to happen and I have to click the traditional reading mode button to exit. I know I will probably learn not to do this "wrong behavior", but I would like the addon button to Enter/Exit reading mode, it just seems more intuitive. The button's hover text does say "Toggle Reader View" after all, and not "Turn on Reader View", so I would expect it to actually toggle :D
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenSounds reasonable! I'm kinda busy in the moment but will look into it when time allows. In the meantime I gladly accept pull requests at https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/activate-reader-view
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon QuantumDrone, vor 3 JahrenWorks perfectly even when changing Firefox's about:config setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" to true didn't work.