Bewertet mit 4,2 von 5 Sternen
4,2 von 5 Sternen
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13500696, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt works perfectly, but after the quantum update it stopped working...
I tried firefox nightly 59.0a1 version with this 0.1.0 it work on some site with reader view availability but it will not FORCE the site....
Unlike the older version such as 0.0.7 which uses the code about:reader?url= which will FORCE the page into reader view mode...
I hope there will be an update to FORCE reader view mode on the new firefoxHi, thanks for the feedback!
Yes, you are right, I haven't noticed that: The new WebExtensions API for the reader mode does not allow pages to be forced into reader mode.
I wrote to the API developer, let's hope that this behaviour will change: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286387#c16
[edit 2017-12-5] Alright, behaviour will be changed, only a matter of time now!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13467492, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am really going to miss this in the Quantum version of Foxfire. Very handy for for pages that have noisy and distracting video-rich advertisements.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 10819582, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIs there any possibility of this extension being supported for the Pale Moon browser? I suspect there will be a mass exodus of the extension junkies, like myself, as Firefox 57 approaches, and Pale Moon browser seems to be where a lot of us are landing because of their commitment to continuing add-on/extension integration.Hi,
thank you for the feedback!
What this add-on does is it basically calls the reader mode which is integrated into Firefox using a provided protocol. In Pale Moon, however, the reader mode is most likely not meant to be accessible, neither by users nor by add-ons.
One therefore first has to tweak the Pale Moon source code in a way that the reader mode becomes accessible.
But there already exist add-ons that mimic the behaviour of the Firefox reader mode and work for Pale Moon, for example “Enjoy Reading”  which also specifically targets Pale Moon . Another one working for Pale Moon is “TidyRead” , which runs only in compatibility mode right now, though.
Hope this helps!
- von Sn3ipen, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI hate how Firefox never gets it right when i need the reader view. This extension fixes a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Will there be a webextension?Hi, thanks for the feedback!
> Will there be a webextension?
The Reader View is right now accessed by using Firefox' internal ‘about:’ protocol. Currently there is neither a way to work on pages behind that protocol, i. e. redirecting to such a page, using WebExtensions nor exists a specific Reader View API.
The latter, however, might get implemented as announced on the respective mailinglist: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/dev-addons/2017-August/003063.html
The corresponding bug, to which the lowest ‘P5’ priority is assigned, can be found here: https://bugzil.la/1286387
Once the functionality is available, I plan to update the add-on.
Add-on has been updated to work in Firefox “Quantum”.
- von Hammerman, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt is a great tool and thank you for providing it. It does not render the original date of the articles. For some reason it updates the date and time to current time. Please fix.> It is a great tool and thank you for providing it. It does not
> render the original date of the articles. For some reason it
> updates the date and time to current time. Please fix.
Hi, thanks for your feedback!
In general, this add-on just helps activating the Reader View, which is an internal Firefox tool (see http://mzl.la/1cHarCP). Hence, requests concerning the Reader View itself (and not issues regarding opening it with this add-on) should be directed to Mozilla's Bugzilla platform and specifically tagged with "Component: Reader Mode": https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?component=Reader%20Mode&product=Toolkit&bug_status=__open__
Now regarding your issue: As far as I know, the Reader View displays in its upper left corner the estimated time needed to read the article and *not* the date/time when the article has been published. It is possible, however, that in your case those publishing information where additionally displayed somewhere and were incorrect. That may be out of control of the reader view. But as I said, either file a bug or ask in Mozilla's support forum (https://support.mozilla.org/) for help, as it's a Firefox internal thing.
- von Rick17, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI love this addon! I hate to read with my eyes and this allows me to read with my ears. What a relief!!
However, does it work correctly with NoScript?Thanks, that's great to hear!
> However, does it work correctly with NoScript?
Yes, the add-on can work correctly with NoScript, just add the following address to the whitelist in your NoScript options:
- von Santosh Bandhu, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThis works perfectly on the desktop version of Firefox but not on Android. Can this add-on be made compatible with mobile version of Firefox?> Can this add-on be made compatible with mobile version of Firefox?
Hi, starting with Firefox 58 and version 0.1.0 of this add-on, Firefox for Android is supported!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12624027, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt was crazy always looking for the reader view icon when you needed it with nothing there. This little add-on got it right! BTW, others that say some of the content loads and others web pages do not, that's all of the web site's doings, not the reader view add-on. It would be nice if somehow more of the images that belong to the article stay in reader view mode, but those website programmers don't think ahead to help the people reading the pages.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12594651, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenActivated Reader view and it removed the ads. But,half of the content is not available to read at all.Hi, sorry to hear that! But there's nothing this add-on can do about it since it's only calling the reader mode. What the reader mode does and doesn't is out of control of the add-on.