- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12955598，5 年前make it compatible with firefox mobile and personal account of bitlyIn theory it should be compatible with firefox mobile, but I tested and it does nothing. Maybe the API is not fully implemented in mobile.
I would like to implement the bit.ly backend option, but using a default key would severely limit the number of links that can be shorten.
ps. thanks for the feedback!
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 PirateRussell，5 年前I'm a fan of Shorten Me, but not of Google.... It would be perfect if I could choose among some other services, ie Bit.ly.I'll look into integrating bit.ly, my attempts so far were failed because I could not find a way to have a generic key that supported more than 10.000 calls a day (which is very restrictive)... I must be missing something as previous extensions such as shortly was using bitly.
thanks for the feebback!
- 評價 1 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13445044，5 年前I need the original URL shortner that was there before Mozilla updated.
Shortly URL shortner is the name.This extension does not have anything to do with Shortly!
This extension was created just because of that. I was a fan of shortly and it did not work on the first versions of nightly.
I believe the rating you gave is unfair, try out the extension and change or not based on your experience of "Shorten me", not because you are displeased with something else.
ps. I warned the developer way before the update in shortly's github page.. if that was working then I would not have created this one.
edit: this is the extension you are looking for: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shortly-url-shortener/
or its github address: https://github.com/aloshbennett/shortly
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 jeffws，5 年前So many of the URL shorteners either 1) don't work with Firefox Quantum (tinyURL, bit.ly, to name a couple) or 2) require several steps to create the short URL. Shorten Me uses goo.gl and it works in one click. You don't need even to select the long URL. As long as you are on its page, just click the button ("S") and it saves the shortened URL to your clipboard. Then just paste. Easy peasy. Very nice.Wow great description and thanks for the kind words, I might use part of it to update the description a bit :)
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Fleckeye，6 年前Wish this worked, but does not copy to clipboard.
Windows 10, Firefox 54.0.1
On a different computer, it works fine. I'll attempt to replicate the issue on my laptop again.The new version has a better implementation that should work or give an error message if fails to copy / network error.
It only shows popup when it actually copies :)
only restriction I encountered was in addons.mozilla.org (but that is a known restriction)
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Taurean，6 年前While it pops up a notification, it doesn't copy the shortened URL to the clipboard.
RE: Firefox 54 x64 on Windows 10
EDIT on 7/23: It works just fine now. Thanks!Extension was presenting the popup before actually copying to clipboard, which could take a couple seconds more.
1.0.7 has a better implementation that executes the code faster and only presentes popups when it actually copies (or fails to do so)
ps. Thanks for the reply, I was only testing in Windows 7