- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Canopy1945，3 個月前I love how this addon makes websites look as if it was 1994, but it's incredibly resouce hungry depending on the website you're viewing. Some websites like Artstation or Behance, just to name a couple, become virtually unusable due to how slugish everything becomes until you whitelist them.
Yes, it does have a "Simplified" mode that solves these issues, but then you have to deal with rendering issues.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Mathieu，5 個月前I suffer from low vision and Midnight Lizard changed my life. Unfortunately, as another user wrote below, a recent update is slowing Firefox to the point of making it unsuable. I hope the issue will be fixed soon.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Lk，2 年前I like the custom themes. And it's one of the few stylists that still works on discord.
But pages take longer to load, regardless of if i'm using a theme or not. Also while loading, it gives me a blank white spots on already dark pages.
I also had turned both the "sync" and "use by default" settings off. But it didn't change much.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 frikdt，2 年前This extension has allowed me to get the exact high contrast look I want for websites, seemingly not available from any existing themes - at least nothing I've been able to find. For that I give it full marks. Unfortunately I have to lower my rating because it slows down Firefox to such an extent that I had to disable it again.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 16902006，3 年前Does what it says it does, but unfortunately slows down my browser enough to where I usually just turn it off. It is nice to have if you are staying on one page for a long time.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Yohann Pitrey，4 年前The darkening works fine, but interferes heavily on page loading times. For instance, when trying to create a new event in Google Calendar, this extension adds about 2-5 seconds between the instant I click on an empty bit of calendar and the instant the new event dialog pops up. When I want to click on the X button to close that dialog, I also have to wait a few seconds before my clikc is registered.
I installed the competitor extension Dark Reader and I don't have this problem anymore.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Bathsheba，5 年前Worked for the first 6 or 8 tabs I opened, and I was all set to be happy, but now every new tab gives the "Midnight Lizard cannot connect to this page" error. Tried restarting Firefox but cannot get it to work. It's weird because it still works on those original few tabs, but no new ones. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Sorry, I actually don't mean the New Tab page, I mean every page I open.
開發者回應張貼於 5 年前In this case please try to reload/refresh the page where you have this massage on.
Probably Midnight Lizard or Firefox were updated and caused the problem.
If it does not help: Are those pages with the message turned to dark?
If not: Are they represented by a regular website? (like Wikipadia and not like addons.mozilla.org)
Extensions does not work on addons.mozilla.org and all Firefox system pages.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 pedz，5 年前This addon stylizes pages with remarkable accuracy in terms of keeping the color dynamics of the inverted material and content itself as true to the original page as possible, but dark.
The unfortunate part is that due to performance I just was kinda forced to switch to Dark Reader. DR does an pretty good job of stylizing too, but it's not nearly as good as Midnight Lizard. I suppose that all comes at a price, however. On a better PC perhaps I would switch back to ML in a heart beat.
I did try playing with the settings extensively to get better performance and was able to make it usable, but I just can't really accept big 30 second lock ups when I load a especially intensive website that ML has to chew on for that long. Having big numbers of tabs open as I'm just so inclined to do for some reason I'll never understand also begins to take a big toll a lot sooner.
If you make any optimization breakthroughs or I get better hardware I'll absolutely give it another shot. Keep up the good work.
Edit: I did try simplified mode and it helped a lot, but the performance impact could still be felt. Honestly I can't recall what pages were the worst performing, but I will say it just varied even on the same website. It seems worse the more general load the CPU is experiencing while following links. Often Firefox would throw out a slow addon message about ML so that's the reason I knew it was definitely this addon slowing the browser down. The biggest issue was loading for the first time and having ML initialize everything. That was always causing a noticeable struggle regardless of the site.
開發者回應張貼於 5 年前Thank you for the review.
Did you try simplified mode as well?
Also can you provide a link where it took 30 seconds to load the page.
It is definitely unacceptable and I haven't seen such pages yet.