- 评分 2 / 5来自 sh，1 个月前Normally I love this so so much, but as of lately the save feature just doesn't work. I have to manually click on the little calendar to open the site, and then save it there. Not sure why this is the case
- 评分 2 / 5来自 5dRao，2 年前Would be a perfect addon without this feature: "Detects dead pages, 404s, DNS failures & a range of other web breakdowns", beacuse often when I go previous page or Ctrl+Shift+T, this addon popups, blocking the page loading properly.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14879842，2 年前Same issue as everyone else. You *cannot* throw a splash screen in my face every time a page fails to load properly. Have some respect for your user base - if someone is familiar with the Wayback Machine and chooses to install this extension, chances are they know how to navigate to the archive for dead pages via the widget! Please add a toggle. This is an issue I would have expected the Archive Team of all groups to be savvy to.
My primary reason for downloading was to be able to quickly save websites and contribute to the archive. While this extension makes that slightly more convenient, I would recommend that anyone seeking similar functionality just memorize this to prepend to the address of whichever page you want to save: "https://web.archive.org/save/". If you're more interested in the other function, you can instead prepend "https://web.archive.org/web/*/".
Other people have suggested that the page-down screens be converted into banners, and while this would be a huge improvement, I would really like to be able to disable all popups regardless of "intrusiveness." Again, this seems like something you guys would be sensitive to! I can't understand why it's designed this way.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Self-Perfection，2 年前Can't use it: detection of down webpages gives too many false positives. And it messes with browser's history replacing original URL so you can't just click "reload" or "back" to get back to original URL. Have to uninstall.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 MrAureliusR，2 年前This extension is SO useful that I've put up with the awful automatic page-down detection for ages. But it's just gotten worse and worse. It doesn't even wait for the server to respond before redirecting to the page not available prompt!
I can see that this is the number one most complained about feature -- all you need to do is add a toggle so that we can disable the automatic redirects. That's it! If I could have this extension without the automatic redirects I would instantly give it five stars. I love archive.org and the Wayback Machine but this extension needs some love!
- 评分 2 / 5来自 William ，3 年前I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely :-(
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 16376297，3 年前It does what it is supposed to do, but also does it WHEN it is NOT supposed to. It is often triggered when my (overloaded) browser takes a bit longer to render a page, which is VERY annoying. What makes it worse, sometimes pages REALLY timeout if the server is down and this extension doesn't react to that. The additional minus point is the lack of any configuration options to, say increase the timeout or completely disable that "feature". Besides that, it would be nice to have it work from the context menu on links so the target pages could be instantly looked up on the Wayback Machine. All being said, I don't have much hope any of this will be fixed as I've seen many people have complained about the same problem and nothing has happened...
- 评分 2 / 5来自 TpmKranz，3 年前The “Page not available?” site opens even for some sites that work perfectly fine and prevents visiting these sites completely and this feature can't be disabled in favor of only manually visiting a site's archive.
Also the context menu entry only works for the current page, even if you right-clicked a link. I would've expected to be taken to the archive of the site the link leads to, but that could just be me.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 sdschramm，3 年前Very annoying, this add on keeps popup up and taking over webpages that are not down and normally would load fine. Sounds like others are having the same issue. I guess I'll have to remove this if the developers are not going to fix it.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 15184521，4 年前It redirects many pages that are working just fine to the "Page not available screen", and there isn't a way to disable that part of the addon. I really like the ability to open a page in the wayback machine, but this addon gets in the way of my regular browsing too much.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 ꜱᴩʀɪᴛᴇ➀，5 年前It keeps taking over pages even if they do load. I end up having to click on the back button mltiple times because it keeps insisting that the page is missing when I can see it perfectly fine before it redirects it half a second later.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14215346，5 年前Great in principle, but... as plenty of other users have noted, it's way too hasty in execution. I'm continually having to reload perfectly live, current pages because it's jumped in prematurely. As others have also pointed out, it's ludicrous that the obstructive pop-up can't be cancelled – all it needs is a 'Cancel' button.
- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14212480，5 年前As a lot of people noted, too eager to display page that will take you to archives. Please, at least make setting that would disable that pop-up. I'm totally fine going into menu and asking for archive page from there if the page doesn't load. What I'm not fine with is when pop-up blocks otherwise working page.