- 评分 2 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13699303，2 天前This app needs some work. Great idea, confusing execution.
I have a four monitor setup where I'm switching between monitors a bit. I got this addon so I can keep a browser on my 2k monitor for media playback while I have a browser on one of my 1080 monitors for other stuff so I can read etc and watch stuff without having to navigate a bunch of tabs in a single browser when I want to change videos.
Initially Tile Tabs seems great. When you open Firefox it can automatically recall the windows if you have your settings right. I accomplished this a few times when initially testing it.
Issues arise quickly past that. It seems that closing one window can close all windows created by the addon. This is frustrating because in my use case I already had my original browser window open, and the addon would bring up two windows, so I basically had to move all my tabs from my old window to the two new ones. Closing either window seemed to close both of them.
I saved a layout - exactly as described above, one window with media playback and one with other web pages like articles etc. - and set it to save tabs as well. I have a TV I switch to at night to play videos in bed, and since at that point it's just one screen I figured I should be able to close the text window and keep open the media playback one so I'm not juggling a bunch of windows. Contrary to what I described above, it somehow let me close one of the windows. I remember testing the layout and bringing the other window back up with tabs intact. But when I got out of bed this morning and tried to bring up the window I closed yesterday it's just gone. I tried to reload my layout and it brings up blank windows, no tabs saved. Firefox doesn't have it saved as a "previously closed window". I closed out Firefox and reopened it (I have my layout set as default) and sure enough it brought up this current window as well as two empty windows. Whatever I had open on that browser window is just gone now. All I did was split tabs between the windows this addon gave me, saved it as a layout with the option to save tabs selected, closed one of the windows for a few hours, then clicked the icon to load my saved layout.
Quick menu icon in top left of web page disappeared at some point and idk how to bring it back.
This is an addon that I would really like to play with and see if I can get it to work how I want but I also don't want to risk losing a whole window's worth of tabs again. If I missed something then there needs to be clearer instruction within the addon.
- 评分 3 / 5来自 whitewolfcan，10 个月前It is conflicting with Simple Tab Groups. As soon as I activates a Tile layout, it added strange numbers in front of my Tab Group names and tabs inside. The strange numbers remained even after closing the layout. I had to restore from my STG backup to restore the correct names.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14673790，1 年前After installing and pressing the button, extra windows will open and you'll realize this is not the functionality you expected you'll try to re-drag them to their original window, they will close unexpectedly and you'll post a 1 star review
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Ahmed，2 年前What's up with the reviews? This is an awesome extension and perfect companion to Sidebery/TST.
It works with most of the features in it too restoring the child tabs as child tabs.
The only features I wish existed here were:
--ability to choose which toolbars to hide by default. I do not want the Sidebar in tiled tabs but I DO want the address bar
--ability to have more control over the canvas where the tab tiles create: for example, I want the tab tiles to create over the full window if the window was maximized but if it was not maximized I want it to use the same canvas dimensions excluding the Sidebar.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Danial，2 年前Great extension, does exactly what is mentioned!
Only suggestion would be to add the option for the layouts to simulating Windows snap splitting. If it the extension made the split windows maximized they would work better with win 11 snap groups
- 评分 4 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 17410028，2 年前As other people have noted not sure why the reviews skew to low for this extension - it does what it says and I've found it very useful for using multiple tabs simultaneously. Only thing keeping it from 5 star from me is the Toggle Toolbars option appears to be breaking the tiling layout - can't seem to see a way around this.