- 评分 1 / 5来自 random_reviewer，2 天前I have used this extension for several years now, and am finally switching to something else; on my way out, wanted to warn others about why I'm leaving! TLDR: (1) it's no longer working for the purpose I want in terms of helping me log into websites; (2) its new auto-fill/auto-submit behavior is actively putting my login information at risk.
I have heard things about data breaches, which has made me nervous, but the issue that pushed me over the edge out of using the service is usability.
The extension has always been a little clunky, not recognizing urls as equivalent even after I entered them as such, logging me out at random, etc., but there has been a recent update that has made the extension not functional on several levels
1: URL recognition and search: it has always been a little dicey about which urls it recognizes (compared to the url you save for the password), but is now significantly worse. This means not recognizing urls that it should, but also "recognizing" urls that don't correspond at all (think autofilling an old neopets password into gmail level of "???") This is made worse by the fact that searching the vault has gotten more difficult: the vault is taking longer to load (sometimes refusing to open entirely), and the search function within the vault is working even more poorly than it used to (I have had to manually search through the vault in the past, but am having to do it much more frequently.)
2: Auto-fill: the extension has started trying to auto-fill login information into websites. I tried to troubleshoot this and have in theory turned the feature off, but it keeps turning itself back on and auto-filling again - which is a problem, because (a) because it is not reliably recognizing websites from the password's url field, it is not reliably auto-filling the correct information (b) it is also doing this with some website fields that are not username/password fields. In addition to filling random fields with random information from my vault, it is not just auto-filling, but auto-SUBMITTING on several websites. I have ended up having to disable the extension to avoid being labelled a bot by the websites I visit; I am also nervous about the potential security implications of lastpass pulling username/password combos from my vault to place in random website fields and press submit. This seems like a really good way to accidentally publish/send my login information for something, which is exactly what I don't want to happen! Since I have now had to disable the extension to navigate the internet, and can no longer rely on it to help me log in, this extension is now both useless and potentially risky for me; giving a heads up to anyone considering installing it to reconsider or at least wait until they have pushed out another update!
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 17761434，3 天前Have been a long user of LastPass Families, and even with the recent breaches, stuck with them (knowing that it's near inevitable that any internet-hosted password provider is targeted heavily by threat actors). That was, until this addon was updated. The horrific QA that went into testing this upgrade has made me lose all faith in the ability of LastPass to create quality software, which makes me concerned for the safety of my data in their systems.
Not only is the plugin buggy, excessively wasteful in screen estate... but the most frustrating issues for me are the fact it creates an overlay that blocks clicks from registering from many of the sites I use (even after the popup closes!). The context menu doesn't work, and for the longest time imagineable - LastPass has routinely failed to correctly identify fields correctly, no matter how much "tuning" provided - this plugin essentially continued the tradition of not fixing long-standing issues, but somehow managed to introduce a slew of new ones!
I have since begun testing several alternative providers, and am close to settling on a competitor and cancelling my subscription. A little QA could have gone a long way, LastPass! This plugin update should never have been released in this state.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 16054372，4 天前Once again having to uninstall and re-install the Firefox extension just to get basic functionality like search to work. I've used Lastpass for many years, please can I have my old Lastpass back?
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 13663361，4 天前The new UI is several steps back ... why you broke what worked well? And given the security breaches ... I am done with LP Family Plan and switching to a new password manager.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14747881，4 天前For the past two months, I have been unable to log in to LastPass via the firefox extension. Instead of displaying the Duo authentication prompt, a tiny empty box is displayed with no way to continue.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 a21stcenturyhippie，5 天前DO NOT INSTALL. LastPass was hacked a couple of months ago, we were told nothing and unbeknownst to us, have been severely compromised ever since. They cannot be trusted. And with a service storing all your passwords, one click from a hacker has access to your entire online identity. If this doesn't scare you in 2023, it SHOULD.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Mike，7 天前I have enjoyed this extension for years. Then the recent update in early 2023 totally screwed us all over. It's completely terrible and makes LastPass a complete nightmare. I'm almost ready to completely stop using LastPass and try to find some other password manager, because the extension just isn't workable anymore.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 16320972，7 天前I've been running Lastpass extension for fire fox on macOS for years without difficulties. Within the last couple of weeks the browser extension has totally changed to the point that it is unworkable. The user interface is clunky, and there's no way to auto fill credit card information. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall, but with the same effects. With the security breaches at last pass, I was already thinking about whether to migrate. But if this is how the extension functions I'll have no choice. Apparently there is many other users with the same issue. Unbelievably frustrating
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 17753606，8 天前The add on used to be great. It's most recent update has made it SUCK! No longer works, searches don't come up, looks cartoony. Horrible change, bring the old one back.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 17752320，9 天前This will be the third time this week that I have removed and reinstalled this extension to try to get basic functionality back. it worked good for years and someone who doesn't know what they're doing has ruined it.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Blake，10 天前Might be time to leave, as a paying customer this extension is pretty non-functional. That coupled with their recent security breaches should give everyone pause on whether LastPass is the best option going forward
- 评分 1 / 5来自 pandapal，10 天前What have they done?? This plug-in used to work flawlessly; now many of my passwords don't show up & the interface is clunky. I PAY for this software & I expect it to work in my browser. Is LP going to fix this or do I go elsewhere?
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 15637397，10 天前sadly a paying customer, lastest update last pass is useless,,, and support, on holiday or what.... time to abbandon ship, remeover automatic renewal, and will look elsewhere in 5 days if they dont get their act running!
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Dan Cogan，10 天前I have also found that the latest update broke the functionality of this extension. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and that helped for a little while, but the functionality cuts in and out intermittently. I type the name of a site into the Search your Vault box, and it pulls up the wrong sites. It's totally bonkers. Plus, the UI is much worse now, IMHO.
- 评分 1 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 16785947，11 天前it gets worse and worse, If I want to edit something the annoying web vault is opened instead of previous extension edit window. Passwords are already exported to Bitwarden, soon to say bye bye and use only one pass manager if there is no improvement (going back where the lastpass was).
- 评分 1 / 5来自 branderd，11 天前Since the last update nothing works anymore in the addon on FF and on Chrome. Super annoying - if we can not find a workaround the whole company has to switch to another password manager.