- Оцінка 5 з 5від Користувач Firefox 14486578, 5 років томуThe crux lay in the version of Firefox. To all who run into the same problem while using Leap 15.0 OpenSuse,
this finally solved it y system had version 60 of Firefox, while it only ever works from version 63 upwards.
Tried after regular (via add-ons in Firefox add-ons menu ) installing, immediately worked.
By now you are probably in an asylum trying to regrow hair you ripped from your skull,
embittered by the lack of help Linux users were able or willing to provide.
You can come out now, retake your place in society, stop the foaming about the gob.
All's well that ends well, thank you very much @dev, for the quick response and for ridding me
of that linguistic monstrosity, the US " English" dialect, may it rot in all seven hells of legend.Hello!
Mozilla converted all dictionaries here to WebExtensions.
You must have the latest Firefox to be able to use them (V63 or above).
Then follow the instructions on my guide:
- Оцінка 4 з 5від Користувач Firefox 14486427, 5 років томуExcellent that we have this dictionary. Shame we have to add it as an add-on rather than coming as standard in Firefox!
I realise that Mozilla is a US organisation but think it's reasonable to expect fuller language support.
There are some errors in this dictionary though: I noticed that words ending -ize are treated as correct whereas that is invariably the USA form, in Britain we tend to only use the -ise form.Hello!
Thank you for your comments.
GB also uses -IZE in most words according to the Oxford Dictionary (but there are exceptions).
As a premium account holder of the Oxford Dictionaries, I have access to more information regarding the words, where it states in -IZE words "also blah blah -ISE".
I wrote an example in the FAQ:
But pressing the link there will only show the full Oxford description to premium users, persons who are just visitors won't see it. Nothing I can do about it.
I believe that persons from Australia and Canada use -IZE and this speller can also be used by them.
I am planning to create a module for my Proofing Tool GUI tool to allow future AU+CA maintainers to create a list of words to add and to remove in/from the GB speller, so that they can create high quality spellers for their countries, based on mine (it is in my TO-DO list)... what I don't know is who would be interested in such a hard task.
My brother, kind regards!
I will continue working on the speller.
- Оцінка 5 з 5від Користувач Firefox 12423094, 5 років томуProblem solved. My previous problem seems to be due to Firefox 61. Upgrading to 63 solved it. (For some reason Firefox did not remind me to upgrade, or I have missed the reminder….)
Thanks for Marco's efforts and quick response.Hello!
Could you remove the speller and readd it?
There was a Thunderbird update that disabled the speller, not sure if it also happened with Firefox.
Also, notice that Mozilla (Firefox) automatically changed all the spellers add-ons to WebExtension.
This means, there are now two dictionaries:
1) Firefox: WebExtension;
2) Thunderbird: Legacy extension.
I believe that 1) won't probably work with older versions of Firefox.
If you have any issues reinstalling, please follow the guide:
If it doesn't solve the issue, please send me a private e-mail to try to see what happened.
EDIT: It is always a pleasure to help.
- Оцінка 5 з 5від soulrebelno1, 5 років томуGreat add-on and a must have! Now, if people would learn to structure their writing properly, use proper grammar and a spell checker, then I might just be able to understand what the hell they're on about. Remember to install your Firefox language pack as well ;-)