- av Brian Groover, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5Outstanding, but NOT for saving bookmarks.
Use the bookmarks bar and a bookmark manager to save your bookmarks. This wonderful app serves a different purpose, and that is to open the four/six/twenty bookmarks that you use for a specific environment/mission.
Dev research: Pull out these six tabs to search.
Tech Support: Load all your tabs related to proving phone support.
Movies: Pull out IMDB and places to buy tickets.
Food: Pull out your twenty favorite restaurants that deliver.
I recommend you go to the options, and choose to disallow duplicates, and to not remove from the tabs by default.
I wish we could edit the names of the saved tabs, since some things look like duplicates but are not.
One of the best add-ons ever.
- av Firefox-användare 15233239, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5It works well. The interface is a bit clumsy, I admit, but then the FF tabs are clumsy, too.
Very early on it had a few bugs, but it's been running without a hitch for months now. One caveat: it won't properly restore file:// URLs.
Aside from this small oversight, I highly recommend.
- av Firefox-användare 16796814, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5You will lose all of your saved tabs sooner or later. make backups regularly. Firefox/Chrome...doesn't matter. This extension seems great but it will break your heart and make your life a nightmare. After the first time, I gave them a pass and now I am screwed. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Check out what they have to say about this app in Reddit. F**k me.
- av Yagoth, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5[Update]: This app was good but keeps going down hill. After 5+ years, enough is enough. UNINSTALLED. The backup/export buttons have now been removed preventing any kind of tab integrity.
[Old Review]: Lost all my tabs, no idea why. This kind of unreliability is a problem. I have had it happen before, but it it is very irritating.
- av wildfires88, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5Extremely valuable add-on. One positive asset is that you can save whatever research you are doing and return back to it the next day with all the original websites exactly in the same order and on the original pages. If you want, you can do that for several weeks of research on several subjects and return to it later. One Tab can save a lot of work this way, and many other ways.
- av Wireless Biscuits, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5Probably the best and most useful extension I've added to Firefox.
I had initially started using it to just dump all of my open tabs—I only realised recently that it has alot more functionality with grouping, naming, import/export.
It's absolutely phenomenal, would recomend.
- av FaeGiN, för 3 månader sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5Well after reading many reviews, which I strongly urge YOU to do before touching this, I went against my better judgement and thought Id install it and just give it a test run whilst making sure to back up anything I relied on OneTab to handle for me. So I am one of those guys who has anything from 101 tabs to 550 tabs open pretty much all of the time! Yes I know it seems dumb, hogs memory, slows firefox down, drains the system RAM over time...etc, etc, etc but thats what I do because I am a bit scatty and I so often am not finished with reading or going down that particular thought train and really want to continue with it at some point. And so I leave another tab open, planning to revisit. I do admit that my current tab count of 514 is a bit over stupid and I will be culling that number after I submit this review.
So what was my experience? It was not great I can tell you. It resembled what I had read about in manymreviews. In a nutshell: OneTab saved hundreds of tabs as advertised and then when restoring....well, it just didnt! it was as if I had asked it to restore a selection of random links out of the list of over 300 it had made. As if I'd asked it to randomly pick ANY of the links and restore them but only restore less than 50 , one time it reached towards 100 so I was becoming happier hehe. But not happy.
This is DANGEROUS and should come with a warning to expect data loss!!
As I said, I took precautions. I simply created (...or 'saved' I think I should call it, a ne??(w session which is just using the session manager to give me a back up of all of the tabs that were open before I did anything drastic like trust an addon to do what it promised and handle some tab urls and restore them when asked to. Luckily, session manager works great...so does firefox sync, which was my secondary backup I suppose cos I had just sync'd my open tabs and sent them to other firefox open on my other PC and my laptop!
Well dear reader, if there still are any at this point, I want to leave you with some predictable advice so, here goes..l
Please Dont Bother With This!
I dont think it is ready for Prime time. Not quite yet. Too unpredictable for now and too risky for your data to be handled by and trusted with.
If you must have a go then be smart: Do some backup like my method.
DON'T LOSE DATA
*longest review I ever did write
- av Brian 3000, för 4 månader sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5If I could only have one extention it would be this. Really great. I do wish it had a little better ability to mix and edit saved pages into groups, but for saving memory and cleaning up the 30 tabs i sometimes has it is amazing.