от firstuanl, 8 месяцев назад
Оценено на 5 из 5
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 8 месяцев назад
- от DrakeFromFrance, 2 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5Thank you for your job Danny. I use WebScrapbook in Firefox, and Firefox is my default browser on Windows 10. I already set a new task using the .pyw extension to start WSB with the console hidden however it starts Firefox and open a new tab. Is there a way to start WebScrapbook without opening a new tab?
Just a remark: when I click on the icon of WSB in the tools bar of Firefox, it tooks me always a few seconds to find "Open Scrapbook". It would be nice if you emphasised it, or at least if you put it at the top of the menu. Thank you.
Where do I set server.browse to false??
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 2 месяца назад1. Configure PyWebScrapBook and set server.browse to false. We'll consider use false as default in the future.
2. The primary feature for WebScrapBook is capturing, not management, and thus putting "Open ScrapBook" as the first command doesn't make sense. Emphasizing which command is likely controversial for the same reason. We need a thorough evaluation/discussion before doing this. FYI: you can configure a hotkey using the browser extension hotkey manager for a faster way to open the sidebar.
- от noone, 2 месяца назадОценено на 4 из 5I just wanted to know how i can stop the auto-capture from making new folder every time for the same URL and instead skip or overwrite the same files.I'm sorry i searched a lot through the settings and wiki but couldn't find anything (also I'm not that knowledgeable with this stuff so i didn't understand a lot), its not just auto-capture but capturing a page twice still creates two folders
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 2 месяца назадThis is probably something not yet implemented. If you'd like to provide a feature request, it'd be better to raise an issue in the source repo (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues) or send an email, and provide more details (e.g. Do you use a backend server? What is your use case and intention?) as it's not easy to discuss in this Addon site (we won't receive any notification from an update of a comment).
cf. thread of the original request: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues/8
- от Myron, 3 месяца назадОценено на 5 из 5Is there a way to auto save a tab after a configurable time in focus?
i do a lot of research and almost always either leave a page quickly or spend several minutes reading?
i often forget to save the page until trying to remember it weeks later
... updated to the current version... set autosave time to 60000(ms)... nothing is being saved... please advise
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 3 месяца назадThis is current not supported and is an open issue: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues/8
If you have some good idea welcome to provide a further feedback in the thread.
- от pknag, 7 месяцев назадОценено на 4 из 5I have been using ScrapbookX for many years and using waterfox for compatibility. However it is time for me ditch it and use FF. Installed the extension and configured the backend server. Took a little while to get used to it. I really like it in many ways. For one it is a lot faster. I have 15Gb plus data and previous version in waterfox will make the browser slow to a crawl. This is lot faster presumably because the backend handles the data.
But one thing really slows down productivity is not being able to select the folder to save the capture. For full capture I can drag the url from location bar to the folder. But for plain bookmarks it is a pain. My folder list is huge and nested. So dragging the last item to appropriate location becomes a huge time sink.
I noticed it has been reported before both in reviews and on git issues. And you say it is complex and I understand that. Any idea when this will be addressed?
I was thinking something simple like using Ctrl key while dragging the url to a folder could be customized to bookmark capture.
Anyway let me know what you think could be a simple solution.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 7 месяцев назадTo capture as bookmark you can drag URL with Alt pressed.
Another way to achieve this is to use "capture as..." and set the "parentId" using JSON (You may have to copy the folder item ID and the snippet manually somewhere beforehand, though).
Since WSB allows lots of customization, including batch captures, we haven't find a nice design to configure them using GUI. It's welcome if you have any nice design idea for a GUI that can replace the JSON.
- от Kundra, 7 месяцев назадОценено на 1 из 5Doesn't work when trying to archive youtube pages. It always fails to download.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 7 месяцев назадA streamed video cannot be downloaded using a browser extension (try other extensions such as SingleFile or Save Page WE to prove it). A specialized server-side service or local application is required.
We have updated our FAQ documentation for this: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/FAQ#why-does-the-capture-dialog-always-show-yellow-error-messages
- от Carlos Ponguez, 8 месяцев назадОценено на 2 из 5The function "Generate Site Index" got lost in "scrapbook-1.5.14-fx". It is impossible to import Scrapbook X Data
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 8 месяцев назад"Generate Site Index" has been removed since WebScrapBook 0.79.0 (and PyWebScrapBook 0.23.0). Conversion of scrapbook data from legacy ScrapBook (X) can now be done using the CLI tool of PyWebScrapBook. See changelog and documentation for details:
- от alfio , 9 месяцев назадОценено на 3 из 5Impossible to use. Continuously changes directory and I have not been able to make it stop. Tried to have it give a title to each file to no use. When I try to view the pages saved it tells meat the backend server is not configured but I am not using a backend server. I understand that it is not meant to replace Scrapbook but it has to be made simple to use otherwise it is of no use.
After the reply I have been able to set it up. Maybe it is just a lot different from Scrapbook and maybe it does a lot more but what I needed was a replacement for scrapbook which was simple to use.
I do not know what is the point to have a backend server to store web pages but perhaps someone has a need for that; the programs insists of storing the pages (before I had it incorrectly setup as storing each page in a different directory so it was continuously creating directories but it was my fault) in "the download directory"\scrapbook but the problem with me lies in using the "download directory" instead of allowing me to select a different one as for the original scrapbook so as to keep separate the download directory and the scrapbook directory.
The pages seem to be saved correctly but it really needed to have a sidebar where all the pages could be accessed from the browser instead of using a folder in windows (maybe there is a way to set ip this way but I have not been able to do it).
I cannot fault the program since now that it is setup it works but it is not a Scrapbook replacement since it is very different, maybe you should use a name as "savewebpages" instead. Based on this I reviewed the rating but if you could implement the changes, allow a directory different form "download directory" like Z:\_whatever\ and see the files on a sidebar you would get more. Please keep it simple.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 9 месяцев назадThank you for the feedback.
Viewing the "scrapbook" (which lists saved pages in the sidebar) requires a backend server, that's why the error message appear when you attempt to open the sidebar without backend server configured. For more information you can visit the three principal approaches of using WebScrapBook (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/Intro#three-principal-approaches) and FAQ (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/FAQ) in our documentation wiki.
I really don't get “Continuously changes directory and I have not been able to make it stop. Tried to have it give a title to each file to no use.”, it may be needed to stated more clear for us to know about the situation you encounter.
Seems the comment has been updated. Unfortunately this comment page is designed to comment for other users, not for the developer, and we are not notified when a comment has been updated. For a better discussion please raise an issue in the source repository, as the about page says.
Basically all points in the revised comment are already covered in the docs provided above:
1. Sidebar management IS supported. It's just that a backend server is required. This should be clear in the about page, the screenshots, and the docs.
2. Saving captures to any directory is restricted by the browser. There are basiclally three ways to workaround:
(1) Save capture as single file, and configure the browser to ask location for every download.
(2) Create a symbolic link
(3) Use backend server
For more details read the FAQ page.
It's currently not possible to keep it even simpler due to the browser restrictions, unfortunately.
- от Dany A., 10 месяцев назадОценено на 5 из 5When capturing in a folder: Is it possible to create index.dat in the same folder?
A simple file as in the original Scrapbook (id, type, title, etc).
So that you can import files into an old SB. Many people use it.
WebScrapbook grabs data correctly. But usability and compatibility are very, very far from acceptable.
Even the URL of the source page is not clear where.
Although I won't be stingy with 5 stars... For the future.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 10 месяцев назадWebScrapBook is not meant to be compatible with ScrapBook, whose data scheme is relatively old and is rather limited (e.g. can't support .htz, .maff, and single html). We may implement a tool to (unidirectionally) convert WebScrapBook data into ScrapBook-compatible format like ScrapBook X Converter, but likely being a command line tool using PyWebScrapBook for better performance and cross-platform compatibility.
For now, metadata like URL source of the captured page is saved in the index.html as a root HTML tag attribute, and can be easily read using PyWSB backend. You can manually (or write a script to) create an index.dat from it if you need to back-port a page captured by WSB to SB.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14392904, год назадОценено на 5 из 5Hello Danny,
1) Is it possible to choose the folder where the page will be saved?
On my latest FF I get the page placed at the bottom of the list no matter what folder I select on the left panel. I am using backend server.
2) Is it possible to add folder selection directly in right-click menu? Last 10-20 folders etc.
3) Is it possible to update left panel after saving page? At the moment I have to refresh it to see last save entry.
Thank you for your work.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 10 месяцев назад1) This is a current open issue (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/issues/37). It's technically possible but not quite easy to implement.
2) I don't know what the folder selection is for. Generally speaking, implementing a virtual folder tree in the context menu is something technically possible but not easy to do.
3) Automatic updating the sidebar after a capture may cause loss of current UI status such as selection, scrolling position, etc, and may largely increase network traffic if the backend server is hosted remotely. We need a good solution for such related issues before implementing this.
- от Goeroeboeroe, год назадОценено на 5 из 5I've tries about every extension saving a web page. This is the first one saving everything (html, css, js, video, images, background-images from css, etc., etc.)
Since I have a site myself, I can check easily if really EVERYTHING is saved. Every other extension didn't save one thing or another.
- от alucioso, год назадОценено на 5 из 5Used ScrapBookX in the past to highlight webpages and saved them with UnMHT.
Currently using Nuke Anything, Page Hacker, and SingleFile addons to edit and save single file webpages.
There's no option to remove this addon's context menu, which only offers to capture, not edit the current page.
Would be nice to be able to access the "Edit tab" bottom bar with a keyboard shortcut.
EDIT: Thanks for bringing the functionality of ScrapBookX to the WebExtensions API. Don't know why, but can't find a simple editor or extension to highlight HTML text in webpages.Thank you for the feedback. We will consider support options to not show the context menu and add "edit tab" command in the context menu.
Keyboard shortcut for "Edit tab" has already been implemented. Just customize it with the default extension shortcut manager of the browser.
- от Пользователь Firefox 15701690, год назадОценено на 3 из 5Just for capture web page, the backend server configuration is too hard for me, need to enter in the cmd windows, doawnload files, configure server...
i just want to capture web pages and store them in local files.
when i open scrapbook, i can do nothing, when i try to capture page, i have some messages like "Fatal error: frameSrc is undefined" or
"Unexpected error: boundAccess.deferred is undefined".
I am disappointed and incompetent for this extension.Thank you for the feedback. The backend server is optional you can capture the web page to the local device by default instead. As for the error, it should not happen in the latest official Firefox browser. Could you provide the browser version, the web page URL you tried to capture, and how you performed the capture?
- от Glen, год назадОценено на 5 из 5It did take some configuring, but I expected that. Once I realized that I had to reboot the web server for changes in the config to take effect, things moved much more rapidly. :)
At this point I have converted several books from Scrapbook X, and do not plan to look back.