- Оценено на 5 из 5от graycatgrayhat, 5 лет назадPerfect extension for replacing Firefox's built in context menu search which is fairly limited.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от yomito, 5 лет назадAt this moment this extension is the best contextual menu searcher. It made me update to FF 57. Thank you very much.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13107594, 5 лет назадVery handy Context Search is Back in different Shape!!!
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12547439, 5 лет назадWorks just like the old contextsearch plug-in on the old firefox version. Added functionality of the quick buttons is a nice touch and being able to resize them is a good option on screens with a very high pixel density.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от MisfortuneCookie, 5 лет назадUpdate: 5 stars now. Developer quickly added an offset option. Great developer!
A nice replacement for the Context Search pop-up I was using with FF56. One thing that would make it nicer would be an offset option. Currently the auto-pop-up automatically appears over top of the text you had highlighted. The old Context Search plugin I used allowed you to offset the X and Y of the popup by a number of pixels so it would appear where you want it.
Other than that, the only other thing that sucks is Quantum's inability to let you easily add search engines to the search bar, which does limit the use of this plugin somewhat, though that's not the developer's fault.Edit 1.2.0
You can now install a native app to keep your search engines updated automatically. Check ContextSearch Options->Search Engines for details
I'll look into making an offset option. I'll edit this post with a beta link when I have something.
(edit) check the latest releases
- Оценено на 5 из 5от sign-in-smth, 5 лет назадedit4: (220.127.116.11)
yes this version works nicely here too, tried it near the scrollbar, with and without zoom.
excellent support as always, thank you!!re: !! edit3: (1.1.2)
That's strange. I think you've mentioned that issue before but I can only replicate it by resizing the browser after the quickmenu is open. I think I've got a fix in mind. I'll put up a beta in a few if I've got it.
re #6 Still has issues with zoom, reverting back to 1.1.2 for now
re #7 Last patch of the day. 18.104.22.168 seems to be working for me
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Yhpt, 5 лет назадQuick Menu doesn't appear by holding either of the mouse buttons. But it worked once with a Press Key option.
UPD: Holding mouse buttons works but not on every website. It works, for example, on youtube.com but doesn't work on addons.mozilla.org.
REPLY: All the websites, I've been using within last 24h, work. Thanks for clarification.(edit) Good deal. I was a bit worried there.
Add-ons using content scripts don't work on addons.mozilla.org. It's not a bug, it's a security feature put in place by Mozilla. What other websites aren't working?
- Оценено на 4 из 5от obsolete, 5 лет назадFinally a WE context search addon that gets it right. Or as right as its currently possible to get it in the new, crippled Firefox. It's still not automatic, but that's a consequence of Mozilla's decision to dismantle all traces of a decent UI. Now at least we don't have to maintain two separate lists of search engines.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13347424, 5 лет назадI am so satisfied. ^^
Thank you very much.
If you right-click the text while dragging, pop-up will open. It works very well with the search engine.
If there is a wish, do not drag the text, right-click (slightly delayed) pop-up opens
It can also be used as a substitute for bookmarks.
I am sorry for not being able to explain properly.
I am very satisfied with the present and I am using it well.
It is perfect even if you do not modify it anymore.
In the current state, dragging a text and right-clicking or left-clicking opens a search engine pop-up.
It is very good. Leave the current functionality intact
The point of the article is to click anywhere in the web page with the mouse (left click or right click)
It was a personal idea that I wanted to run pop-ups.
Thank you for developing a good program.I realize there's a bit of a language barrier, but let me see if I understand you. Are you saying you'd like the popup menu to open on perhaps a longer right or left-click with no text selected, and use the popup menu as a bookmark menu? Interesting idea.
If you could explain with a bit more detail, I'd be happy to look into it. I couldn't get the behavior you're describing. If you meant left-click, I am seeing the quick menu open while dragging. I'll look to correct that. Which button is your primary mouse button for clicking links, dragging, etc? Left or Right?
(edit) Try 22.214.171.124rc here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/contextsearch-web-ext/versions/126.96.36.199rc. I've added some code to cancel the popup when dragging.
(edit2) Quick Menu disabled during drag events 1.0.8+
- Оценено на 5 из 5от G.L. Dearman, 5 лет назадI have nothing but thanks for the developers who made this. I don't understand why this hasn't been added to Firefox's core functionality yet. Ever since the Firefox 57 upgrade disabled the old Context Search app, I've been frustrated and annoyed. Finally, I have something to replace it!
- Оценено на 5 из 5от streetwolf, 5 лет назадThe best context menu add-on bar none. The Quick Menu feature is brilliant.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12740845, 5 лет назадBest context search webextension for Firefox 57! The only one defect is the quick menu with right button... sometime the Firefox menu overlap on quick search. Maybe is better if the button to hold is the left. For all the rest, thank you!
(edit) Sorry for my bad English, but yes, sometime when i hold down the right button i have the Firefox context menu and the addon quick search together. Anyway the problem is solved with addon version 1.0.3 and the new feature, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this little miracle in webextension!Would you mind editing your post to elaborate a little? Are you seeing both quick menu and context menu on a single hold-right-click?
(edit) Look for the option to use hold-left-click in future releases
(edit) Now a standard feature in 1.0.1+
- Оценено на 5 из 5от cook2003, 5 лет назадImport files every time 「search.json.mozlz4」
Just make a right click
with the mouse pointer on top of *the page's* search box
can choose Add to SearchIt is a bit of a hassle to reload the search.json when search engines are added or removed, but the web extensions API doesn't allow for direct access to the search engines. It's a choice between having to reload the file occasionally or maintaining a separate list of search engines specifically for this Add-on.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от mightyglydd, 5 лет назадIt lives!
Thanks mate, so far so good, the demise of Ben's extension was driving me bonkers.
5 stars :)Same. I didn't know how much I relied on Ben's Add-on until FF 57 killed it.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Mushaf, 5 лет назадCool workaround! Can you please add these options - open in background tab and open tab next to current?
Edit: Thanks for adding those features quickly!Sure thing. Check the latest version 0.94b4. Shift+click opens in background, Ctrl+click in adjacent tab. These can be set as the default behavior in Options