- от Пользователь Firefox 14025605, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5What a beautiful addon. I use the tiles/quick menu which I find quicker to use. Took a few minutes to set up and import my existing search engines. Dev provides full instructions so even I could do it!! And it's all working perfectly! A great must-have extension. Many thanks to the developer. Your hard work is much appreciated.
- от giantmarmot, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Works flawlessly. Really useful extension. I'm hoping that the developer will consider adding support for separators and folders. Thanks. :)
Reply to dev: Yes. Thanks. :)(edit v1.4.2)
Subfolders and separators for the context menu are live in beta for this release. Search engines can be organized from a bookmark folder after enabling the option and granting the Bookmarks permission.
Do you mean a tiered menu and separators in the context menu? I'll check it out.
- от LezBoyd, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5It does what it says, lets me search through custom search engines thru the context menu, but It is unnecessarily complicated, and the reliance on a 3rd party for adding search engines is a turn-off. Else, you have to add all the fields manually, which might not be the best way for a common Joe. There are a few other extensions that let you add search engines through bookmark keywords, which seems like a very easy way and doesn't involve manual configurations or 3rd parties. I wish this was an option here.
For now, I'm using this one because its the only one I have found that supports POST, but I will be looking for alts.(edit v1.4.1)
Simplified UI for adding engines, defaults to directly adding engines to ContextSearch and prompts for installing OpenSearch engines via the API
The api isn't 3rd party. It's mine written specifically for this add-on. It just happens to be hosted on google's app engine with a generic name.
(edit) It probably could stand to be simplified a bit for novice users. The complexity comes from attempting to integrate with Firefox's One-Click search engines. If I kept it simple with bookmark keywords, the search engines wouldn't be added to the OpenSearch engines in the search toolbar. Adding OpenSearch engines requires an external URL, so the api is necessary. I'll look into adding a simple/advanced option that bypasses all OpenSearch integration and just adds to ContextSearch
- от philrj, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I'm thrilled to see such a simple-yet-powerful context search extension for FF 57+ and similar to the old, unsupported Context Search plugin we all loved. Big props to dev for making this happen and thank you thank you! ;)
- от litrax , 4 года назадОценено на 4 из 5I don't give 4 stars too often but this extension, as tiny it might be, is gold.
I saw it evolving with a customizable search engine list.
The menu is very simple and lets you maintain just the needed things.
No glam and shiny settings not needed, as some of the big extensions have.
And most important: This extension adds exactly the search engines that I use in Firefox.
I don't want no preconfigured crap with baidu and duckduckgo and so on and so forth.
Just the search engines I already use over years in the context menu of my marked text on a website.
And what should I say: This is the only Firefox Add-On that fullfills this task exactly. Great work...Hah, I actually do package duckduckgo with the addon. Don't hold it against me though, I just grabbed the 10 most popular search engines ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. And thanks for the kind review.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13943199, 4 года назадОценено на 3 из 5The Quick Menu doesn't work, how do I get it to appear? The setting is enabled.
*answer to developer*By quick-menu I mean the little square with icons of all the search engines I added, and not the bottom row of the regular right-click menu. I was on facebook, and some other sites. I tried double-clicking the word and also selecting it by dragging. Is there another way to activate it?(edit 5-11)
Sorry I didn't see your edit sooner.
If you open ContextSearch options, scroll down to Opening and Closing and you can choose a method to open the quick menu.
Automatic (popup opens after selecting text)
Mouse hold (hold either the left or right button until popup appears)
Mouse click (right-click to open )
Keyboad button (press a keyboard button of your choice to open)
Does it not work on any website or just addons.mozilla.org? Mozilla disables certain add-on features on addons.mozilla.org for what I assume are security reasons. Using default settings, it should work by highlighting text and holding right-click until the menu appears ~0.25seconds.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13493718, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Super impressive. This is not just another context menu search extension, it's more than that! Unexpected but much appreciated features and customization. Seems to have good support and active development.
- от Пользователь Firefox 12717852, 4 года назадОценено на 1 из 5when I try to install the app, my antivirus puts it in quarantine. not happyYou'll have to whitelist the native app with your antivirus software. The app is not digitally signed because it costs money to license a signature, sometimes quite a bit depending on the license length and the company used. The code is available to inspect and build yourself, or you can use the Manual method of importing your search engines which doesn't require the native app.
- от Soraj, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Hi Mike,
Looks Great Add-on
I am not computer geek. I could not make it work.
Can you post a video on Youtube? or write a procedure to show how to add search Engines and use them.
RegardsIf you click the Search Engines tab in ContextSearch options, you should see the following options
Choose which one suits you best (I recommend Auto). This will show new details below. There will be a clickable link next to the header that says "How-To" (Automatic How-To or Manual How-To). Click this to see gif video showing the basics of loading your search engines. If that isn't clear enough, edit your post and I'll give more details.
(edit) If you use Auto, be sure to install the native app
- от e2li, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Отличное расширение.
Особенно хорошо сделали опцию для создания поисковой системы через ПКМ по нажатию на поле поиска-сайта, с автоматическим подхватыванием адреса-поиска.
p.s Quick Menu dont working in Firefox 59.
Sorry. Everything is working. It was necessary to simply reinstall.Hmm that's odd. It's been working for me in FF59. Would you mind answering a few questions so I can help you troubleshoot?
What OS are you using?
What website isn't working?
Is Quick Menu enable in ContextSearch options?
Have you loaded your search engines?
(edit) Good deal!
- от syldub, 4 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Powerful and nice design, but it does not allow to add new custom search engines... (as it is impossible to add in Firefox too...). So quite useless. I prefer the extension "Context Search WebExtension" which allows custom search engines.
Edit: Thanks for your quick answer.
Actually I hide the Firefox' search text box in order to save space for all my addon icons + my bookmarks in toolbar... (It would be so great to have an additional bookmark toolbar... before I used Classic Theme Restorer which allowed it). So I can't see the green "magnifier" when Firefox detects a search engine.
On top of that, the majority of the websites I use don't have an OpenSearch compliant search box. For instance www.discogs.com.
So I find the Firefox OpenSearch standard search engine too restrictive. This is not a critic against your addon, but this is a critic to Firefox.Search engines are added using the OpenSearch standard. When you visit a website and see a green circle with a + sign over the magnifying glass in the search bar in the toolbar, that indicates a website has an OpenSearch engine available to add to your Firefox search engine list (Managed from Options->Search->One Click Search Engines). Click the magnifying glass and choose Add "website". You can also visit http://mycroftproject.com/ for tons of OpenSearch templates.
(edit) I added this info to the ReadMe @ github for users unfamiliar with how Firefox handles OpenSearch engines.
(edit2) I'll look into a way of adding custom templates. I've been hesitant to implement anything like that because it would require maintaining a separate list of engines from FF's One-Click list, but it might be doable without getting too messy. Check the beta section in the coming weeks.
(edit3) v1.2.7 betas add the option 'Add Custom Search' to the right-click menu on input forms.
- от eklenti1, 4 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Install a tiny open-source app to keep your search engine list updated autom.
It is much better if you insert this open source plugin into itself. And if possible, when I install the plugin, pop up window is setOh if only it could be that simple. I could bundle the add-on with the native app, but not the other way around. Unfortunately, in order to keep the add-on hosted by Mozilla, the native app has to be separate.
(edit) I modified the native app install script (22.214.171.124+) for windows to copy the default profile path to the clipboard to make setup a bit easier
- от colonelq, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5reply thanks
I think good add-on because use in textbox
I'm sorry, my English is not good
"Selection Context Search"(add-on) has function
close the popup window when scrolling
close the popup window after ? seconds
these two config to addTry 1.2.4b2. Added a few options for closing plus a way to keep the menu open for clicking multiple search engines
Do you use the 'close after ? seconds' option in the other add-on? It's not difficult to add, but I can't think of a scenario where it's useful.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13577709, 4 года назадОценено на 5 из 5A few weeks ago, it almost could replace my old extension, that i used before quantum - now its even better.
GREAT, FAST WORK!
Thank you :-)