- Оценено на 3 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12563944, 3 года назадРасширение хорошее, но постоянно вылезает сообщение на желтом фоне вверху экрана о том, что это дополнение тормозит загрузку веб страниц :(
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 3 года назад"The extension is good, but a message constantly pops up on a yellow background at the top of the screen stating that this add-on slows down the loading of web pages"
The only time I've seen real slowdown is during the marking of very short search results on a large page or using the Find bar to search across all tabs. When are you seeing the slowdown?
- Оценено на 3 из 5от nitestocker372, 4 года назадI really like this add-on for Firefox, but I found out it makes my surfing lag and locks up some pages even when I'm not using it so I have to disable it from time to time.
- Оценено на 3 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12323397, 4 года назадWhen this add-on is enabled, Speedometer 2.0 score will drop significantly
What's going on?
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 4 года назад(edit)
I took another look at how Speedometer 2.0 works and why the slowdown. It's not actually a content script loading issue. The page simulates a ton of click events. Every click event triggers a very light "menu close" event and method. When the addon gets flooded with hundreds of simulated click events per second, it bogs down the page. It's nothing you'd experience in a real-world situation. The Speedometer rating flat-out misleading.
This addon injects content scripts into iframes to maintain most if not all function when searching text inside iframes.
When testing using Speedometer 2.0, content scripts are being loaded into the iframe every refresh. If that iframe refreshes 480 times, or whatever the actual count is, it adds up.
For reference, I ran tests while injecting this addon's code into the iframe, or not -
with iframe injection: 29.41 runs/min
without iframe injection: 63.66 runs/min
- Оценено на 3 из 5от LezBoyd, 6 лет назадIt does what it says, lets me search through custom search engines thru the context menu, but It is unnecessarily complicated, and the reliance on a 3rd party for adding search engines is a turn-off. Else, you have to add all the fields manually, which might not be the best way for a common Joe. There are a few other extensions that let you add search engines through bookmark keywords, which seems like a very easy way and doesn't involve manual configurations or 3rd parties. I wish this was an option here.
For now, I'm using this one because its the only one I have found that supports POST, but I will be looking for alts.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 6 лет назад(edit v1.4.1)
Simplified UI for adding engines, defaults to directly adding engines to ContextSearch and prompts for installing OpenSearch engines via the API
The api isn't 3rd party. It's mine written specifically for this add-on. It just happens to be hosted on google's app engine with a generic name.
(edit) It probably could stand to be simplified a bit for novice users. The complexity comes from attempting to integrate with Firefox's One-Click search engines. If I kept it simple with bookmark keywords, the search engines wouldn't be added to the OpenSearch engines in the search toolbar. Adding OpenSearch engines requires an external URL, so the api is necessary. I'll look into adding a simple/advanced option that bypasses all OpenSearch integration and just adds to ContextSearch
- Оценено на 3 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13943199, 6 лет назадThe Quick Menu doesn't work, how do I get it to appear? The setting is enabled.
*answer to developer*By quick-menu I mean the little square with icons of all the search engines I added, and not the bottom row of the regular right-click menu. I was on facebook, and some other sites. I tried double-clicking the word and also selecting it by dragging. Is there another way to activate it?
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 6 лет назад(edit 5-11)
Sorry I didn't see your edit sooner.
If you open ContextSearch options, scroll down to Opening and Closing and you can choose a method to open the quick menu.
Automatic (popup opens after selecting text)
Mouse hold (hold either the left or right button until popup appears)
Mouse click (right-click to open )
Keyboad button (press a keyboard button of your choice to open)
Does it not work on any website or just addons.mozilla.org? Mozilla disables certain add-on features on addons.mozilla.org for what I assume are security reasons. Using default settings, it should work by highlighting text and holding right-click until the menu appears ~0.25seconds.