- от Пользователь Firefox 13617644, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I was searching for replacements to "Context Search", "Add to search bar" and "Searchload Options" - and finally found it. Many thanks!
P.S.: Would love an option to clear the search bar after a search(edit)
New option "Remember Search History" is ready for the next release. Unchecking this option prevents search terms from being stored.
- от GlasWolf, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Having been forced to move on from Context Search I wasn't hopeful that the functionality could be replicated with the new API. Although managing the search engines is now a little clumsier (through no fault of the developer), the extra functionality and improved user interface in this add-on means this surpasses the original. Thanks Mike B - great job.
- от Judykator, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Działa, choć kłopotliwe dodawanie nowych własnych wyszukiwarek. Ale idzie ogarnąć.
hand by options(edit) Using the 'Add Custom Search' widget from the context menu is by far the easiest way to add new search engines to ContextSearch. Is there a reason you're adding engines by hand? If so, how would you suggest making it less cumbersome?
> Works, though cumbersome adding new own search engines. But he is going to embrace.
Which method of adding engines do you find cumbersome? Are you adding new engines via the context menu or by typing them in by hand in Options?
- от a fox lover, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5edit: you're suck a great developer, it's really a good thing that the firefox community has someone like you
(edit) thank you a lot for your hard working and your care for user. Whatever coming next, I'm still happy with your extension
 update, about your question: First, thank for your respond. And here's my answers: I feel it can be very easy for everyone, if they can just see the search results in the sidebar, and then continuous with what they're reading, without having to close the result tab or switch back to their tab, especially when you do the search regularly. And screens are getting bigger and wider, so let the sidebar opened won't be a big deal(edit 8-20)
Looks like using the sidebar isn't too viable right now with the API limitations
* no POST capability (no page injection for POST code, sidebar not considered a TAB)
* can't open sidebar from quick menu / toolbar search (only available to context menu searches)
* limited width unless user edits files in profile dir
* sidebar always opens on install for FF pre-62 (minor annoyance)
Maybe in the future when the API is a bit more robust I can look into it again.
The web extensions API is limited in how sidebars can be opened. I can send search results to the sidebar, but I cannot OPEN the sidebar programmatically in some cases. This may effect usability.
(edit) I'm trying it out now. The sidebar width is limited but I've read it can be increased by making changes to userChrome.css . I can add the option to open search results in the sidebar under -- search actions -- without much additional code.
You want to open search results in the sidebar vs in a tab? Could you explain a bit more about how that would be useful to you?
- от decembre, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Good Job!
Its the best alternavie for some other addon i used a lot before.
I appreciate the « search.json.mozlz4 » automatic import (to import our old Search engine and the big configuration options page (which can be saved !)
- от Carottinger, 3 года назадОценено на 1 из 5Gute Idee, vieeeeel zu komplex beim Hinzufügen neuer Suchmaschinen (keine Icon-URL - keine Suchmaschine???) - schon mal was von Usability gehört?> Good idea, way too complex when adding new search engines (no icon URL - no search engine ???) - ever heard of usability?
If you feel adding a new engine is complex, I don't think you're doing it correctly. Right-click a search bar on a webpage and choose 'Add Custom Search' from the menu. Click the Add button or Advanced -> Create to tweak the settings.
> (no icon URL - no search engine ???)
Currently, it does require a valid image to add a new search engine. Maybe it should interpret a blank url as using a generic icon instead of preventing the process from completing.
> ever heard of usability?
Yes I have heard of usability. In fact, most users find this add-on to be very easy to use. Maybe you should consider why you seem to be the exception.
- от Пользователь Firefox 13598358, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Easy to use, super custom, can be customized according to personal habits, use the necessary extension of Firefox browser.
However, the setting interface is only one language in English. For some users in different countries, there may be certain obstacles to use. Suggestions: Support for dozens of languages around the world, custom download settings, will be the perfect!
By the way, if the right-click menu display position can also be customized (for example, you can choose to display the position under copy and paste), it is even better!
Finally, thanks to the excellent extensions of Firefox that developers bring to us!
Translate comments using translation softwareThe add-on does support internationalization. Right now there are translations for French and German. I'm always looking for contributors to translate into other languages. If anyone wishes to help, visit the support site on github and edit the files in the /src/_locales/en/ directory. (https://github.com/ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext/tree/native-app-support/src/_locales/en)
> By the way, if the right-click menu display position can also be customized (for example, you can choose to display the position under copy and paste), it is even better!
There is a setting for positioning the Quick Menu relative to the cursor with customizable pixel offsets. Do you mean moving the "Search for.." menu item higher in the context menu? Unfortunately, that cannot currently be done with the webextensions API
- от Пользователь Firefox 12655166, 3 года назадОценено на 4 из 5Why search working from firefox search, but not from quick search (open main site page)?
Also can edit search engine, but can't save (auto save if is, not working)?(edit) There was an issue with 1.6.3 which prevented adding a custom search engine from the 'simple' menu. That should be fixed in 126.96.36.199.
> Why search working from firefox search, but not from quick search (open main site page)?
Are you unable to open the quick menu? The quick menu and all other content scripts are blocked on addons.mozilla.org by mozilla. If you're on linux, you might need to set ui.context_menus.after_mouseup to true in about:config
> Also can edit search engine, but can't save (auto save if is, not working)?
Are you editing from the search engine manager in ContextSearch options? There should be a Save button below the form when editing a search engine. Is that not working?
- от Jose Martins, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Thanks for this update (1.6.2) and its "Old Firefox Style" option. FF post 57 was sorely missing the good old search bar.
Just a couple of things I hope you'll add in future:
- close after search
- empty search bar after search
again, thank you.> - close after search
Ready for 1.6.3
> - empty search bar after search
The current behavior is to display the last search on a per-session basis. The last search should be highlighted, ready to be replaced with the first keystroke. Closing Firefox will clear the last search from the session storage. Adding the option is trivial but I'm not sure it's necessary. Specifically, what issue are you having with the default behavior?
(edit) This was not working properly under linux. Fix ready for 1.6.3
- от The Beard Below My Chin, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5This one is brilliant. I tried a couple context menu add-ons and this one is like context menu on steroids. It supports GET and POST methods which opens opportunities to many other services. You can use any icons you want. And it's highly configurable, more than other add-ons. It also adds toolbar icon that acts as an alternative to the search bar which saves screen real estate.
One thing that bothers me is that modifying the default engines; removing tracking parameters for example, results in a 'name already exist' error. Which is bizarre. (edit: fixed as of v188.8.131.52... That has to be a record fast response)
2) Search button: Save search history / always show last query
3) Search button: Make autocomplete optional
4) Search button: Match browser theme
5) Search button: Support middleclick
Thanks for taking the time and listening.> One thing that bothers me is that modifying the default engines; removing tracking parameters for example, results in a 'name already exist' error. Which is bizarre.
That's a definite bug that must have popped up when I added the ability to change the name. I'll fix that today.
v184.108.40.206 should fix the problem
(edit 6-15) Ready for v1.6.1
Are you wanting to access bookmarklets from the context menu when using the option to manage search engines via bookmarks? If you have a github account, start a new topic at the support site so I can get more info.
> 2) Search button: Save search history / always show last query
> 3) Search button: Make autocomplete optional
(edit 6-14) Ready for v1.6.1
> 4) Search button: Match browser theme
(edit 6-14) Having some problems with this one. Can't seem to get color values for built-in themes like Dark. I'll keep on it.
> 5) Search button: Support middleclick
Ready for v1.6.1
- от marcos, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Voltei a usar o Firefox só porque consegui encontrar essa extensão incrível, deveria vir nativa no Firefox de tanto que facilita a navegação. Obrigado ao desenvolvedor!
I went back to using Firefox just because I managed to find this amazing extension, it should come native in Firefox so much that it makes browsing easier. Thanks to the developer!