- Waardering: 4 van 5door Thany, 4 jaar geledenPretty good alternative to the full client. If you need to quickly access that unreachable website, or need to dive into a true incognito mode, using this plugin is quicker than the full client. It also doesn't disturb connections from other programs. Also you can install this on a machine where you can't get elevated privileges (this goes for Windows, but possibly macOS and Linux as well).
This plugin does have some quircks. The popup disppears and clears the login fields when Firefox is defocused, so you can't copypaste login information from a password manager.
Secondly, after clicking the icon it takes a second or two for the popup to fully load, which I don't understand - why can't it display itself instantly?
Lastly, how can we be sure the login information is stored securely?
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14684635, 4 jaar geledenNot perfect. The interface stalls often, but the add-on works well for my use case.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar4 jaar geleden geplaatstHello. It would be great if you'd contact our customers' support team while providing more information regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing, for them to check whether any other add-on or service ain't interfering with our service, causing it to stall. Our team is accessible 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Gr8Lightning, 4 jaar geledenIts a great addon to browse websites with a VPN from NordVPN. The only problem is that the dropdown menu is not working. The only way to temporarily fix this is to add the addon to the Overflow menu.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14132552, 4 jaar geledenThis VPN really rates about 2-1/2 stars. But all the VPN's out there have issues. When NordVPN does connect the speeds are good, and the connections stable. I'm not sure how many issues are the VPN providers faults, or the server firewall software that tries to thwart the use of VPN's for security (or the inability to track you).
Here are some worthwhile tips? tricks? for getting the VPN to work correctly, and connect to some stubborn websites.
1.) The first one is to close, and re-open your browser, it, if you have the VPN set to open with Firefox this will help it sync up.
2.) The second is to not run the System (O/S) NordVPN application at the same time as the Firefox NordVPN extension add-on. The first tip/trick seems to work most time though, if the VPN doesn't sync to the Firefox browser on the first try.
I have Firefox set to reopen last browser session, and have had good luck on the second opening trick. Hopefully the software will improve sometime in the near future and we can leave the tricks to the video gaming folks.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 13973756, 4 jaar geledenSo far so good. Only having problems Logging on to some of the sites I frequent because of where they think I'm located. Not too worried about it though. Rather be safe than on those sites.