Beoordelingen voor NordVPN – A VPN Proxy Extension for Firefox
NordVPN – A VPN Proxy Extension for Firefox door NordVPN
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 14336689, één jaar geledenI use Linux Mint, currently v.20.3. The Installation instructions for NordVPN on Linux are terrible, and that is being generous. You are told to download the VPN Debian app, which did not work! it installed but would not launch. Next I tried launching NordVPN form the terminal. It worked after a fashion. The issue here was that there is no visual representation of the status of the connection, which I had to keep checking and found it had frequently dropped. I eventually found how to connect via the network manager at the bottom of one of the pages of instructions. That worked (at last!!). Then the next day I stumbled across how to add the NordVPN extension to Firefox and Chrome based browsers on yet another page of instructions. That gave me a visual in the browser of the VPN status.
Honestly, It was a unbelievable faff that took almost 2 days of swearing and reinstalling.
Nord you seriously need to organize your Linux instructions far better than they are at the moment.
My biggest gripe with Nord is that the customer support chat client is absolute garbage. Once you are past the bot and directed to a customer service rep the wait is totally unacceptable. I waited 3 times for over and hour and still got no response from a human.
For Linux users and those that may need customer services Nord is not the best, by a long way.
Once all is installed (eventually) most things seem to work well, especially the browser extension connections.
But there is a caveat to this, use a speed checker on each server. I have found that some servers are running at less than half the speed of others, though allowing Nord to connect to its selected server in any country usually results in a good fast connection.
This may seem like a lot of moaning, but this is a paid service that is actively courting Linux users, so the need to get their act together regarding documentation (or simplify the installation and the customer service bot.)
Now that I have everything sorted I prefer Nord to my previous VPN. I have knocked off one star because of the nightmare installation process for Linux users.Hello there. We're sorry to hear about the troubles! We always encourage on contacting our support team right away if faced with any issues or troubles with setting up our service, our team is always there and happy to help. To get in contact with one of our agents right away please ask for a 'live agent' within the chat at support.nordvpn.com. Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the inconveniences! -G.M.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16059431, één jaar geledenGreat add on should have the same functionality as in the Windows App.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Richard, één jaar geledenSolid extension but does occasionally disconnect and experience minor issues never encountered on the standalone appHello. We're sorry to hear about the issue! Please try removing the extension and reinstalling it. If the issue persists after that, feel free to contact us directly at support.nordvpn.com. We're ready to help you out 24/7. -G.M.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 16490808, één jaar geledenCool for if you want your browser traffic, but not other apps, going thru vpn. Has some setting that's not obvious which prevents reset button working though. Probs just me, but these things should be idiot proof, IMO. Works a treat apart from that.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17046045, één jaar geledenOnce you have jumped all the hoops NordVPN is good, but you could design your website to make things easier to find without having to visit half a dozen different Nord pages.Hello. We're sorry to hear about the troubles! If you’re experiencing an issue with our VPN service, do not hesitate to contact our customer support team. We’re ready to help you 24/7 at support.nordvpn.com. -G.M.
- Waardering: 4 van 5door Firefox-gebruiker 17043053, 2 jaar geledenIt gets better. the most demanded feature -- whitelisting (i.e. when vpn is active and used only with listed sites, which is the most sensible mode in a case when your government breaks the Internet part by part) is absent, though blacklisting was added lately. There was some problems with UI (I needed to relogin sometimes), but overall not bad, get things done.
Antwoord van ontwikkelaar2 jaar geleden geplaatstHello. We do appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with the team. In the meantime, if you have any questions of requests, feel free to contact us at support.nordvpn.com or Twitter @NordVPN. -Neo