- di Sam, un anno faValutata 4 su 5I had no pop-ups sneak by this extension in the wild. When testing it against a controlled environment from a website, it failed only on the drop-down popup. The extension is strange in that is needs Firefox's default pop-up blocker activated but does seem to fortify or add additional rules on top of Firefox's pop-up blocker. Deactivating the browser pop-up setting basically disabled the extension as well. There is no seamless way to add individually to the white or blacklist, only whole domains. Clicking on the yellow notification strip to add to whitelist sends it straight to Firefox whitelist settings. You have to copy & paste into the whitelist or blacklist for individual pop-ups. If you simply want to block pop-ups, it does a good job but needs little polish for features.
- di VadMancs, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5Vannak oldalak amiket nem kellene blokkolnia, de ettől eltekintve kiváló! Sokat kell szórakozni a domainok hozzáadásával/eltávolításával, de megéri, ha valamit meg akarsz találni! SOHA NE KAPCSOLD KI A PROGRAMOT!
- di Utente Firefox 14744263, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5This add-on will manage to block popups that appear upon clicking. However, it won't block popups that appear in your browser tab instead of a separate window, such as the second popup test on this link:
- di Utente Firefox 14324997, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5Needs an option to "do not block" as default, instead of having to whitelist websites one by one. So it would *only* block the websites in a blacklist, instead of only *not* blocking whitelisted ones.
Other than that, I really like that it's easy to disable, requires few permissions and works well.
Edit: Fair answer. Upped my rating to 4. Honestly, my real issue is that it keeps blocking important popups like "Login with Facebook" buttons, and I have to keep setting up those sites one by one. Not sure what'd be the best solution for that.
- di Utente Firefox 14622696, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5I installed this addon because I was annoyed by a popup and Firefox on Android is not able to block pop-ups. This addon works and disables the popup.
There is no convenient way to manage settings for sites, so if you (accidentally) allow or block pop-ups permanently you have to clear all site settings in Firefox in order to revert the setting.
Edit in response to dev:
Thank you for the fast reply even if the reviews is not the right place. Clearing site data did help me. I updated my review.
(And please be a little less insulting on people who don't give 5 stars, have 4 for a really good addon, 5 if you improve the settings)
- di bewitano, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5I created a Firefox account just to review the app.
4 stars totally earned! I would like to have it also for Safari...and then will be 5 stars :)
To the developer: Thank you a lot! I was looking for something like this for a very long time!!!!
- di Utente Firefox 14370063, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5This extension works quite well. The only issue I have is that I accidentally told it to no longer display a drop down bar when it blocks a popup. I can't seem to find an option to make it display the bar again.
- di tipar, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5It does not block pop-ups. At least in a site I visit. Sorry, I have to change that. I tried several blockers and any of them could block the site Io a talking about but it seems that it is nice for the vast majority.
- di Utente Firefox 12458171, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Popup Blocker Ultimate prevents *most* distracting, annoying popups from cluttering my view of the sites I'm visiting. It's a BIG improvement!
- di T W, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5One of the reasons for a 4 star rating on most all the ad blockers and popup blockers I give is because a number of popups might be presented as blocked but there's no information on what popups are blocked: i.e. the url of the blocked popup. Ad-Block and many others simply do not provide the offending url. I understand there is a great deal of overhead with keeping a log of what was blocked. A simple way of turning on and off the logging process could be added to make the experience better. A feature in the advanced options to make the class active and an extra button on the pull down window to start and stop the log would get 5 stars from me. You'd have something no one else offers.