- Valutata 1 su 5di Bart Read, un anno faIt works in that it will load my specified homepage on new tabs, which is great, but it has a really annoying address bar bug/behaviour that means I'm going to have to uninstall it.
As expected the address bar on the new tab has input focus. I'd therefore expect the text of the homepage URL to be selected so that, when I start typing a new address or search term, the homepage URL is replaced with whatever I type.
What actually happens is that the caret is placed at the start of the address so that when I type I'm pre-pending text to my homepage URL. I.e., I end up with:
This is obviously garbage that is interpreted as a search term when I hit return, and leads to garbage results.
The only way to avoid this is to hit CTRL+A to do a select all on the text and then start typing or hit delete *every time I open a new tab*.
As I say, I'm going to uninstall because it does this every time I open a new tab, which is incredibly irritating.
- Valutata 1 su 5di manray-fan, 3 anni faTried to use with the Simple Tab Groups add-on (with additional STG plugins such as 'Create New Tab'). However, after opening a STG group into the sidebar and then clicking on the 'Open new tab' button, whatever happens to be the current highlighted tab, is *overwritten* with the defined homepage URL - and a real new tab (blank!) appears below. I have tried a different new tab homepage add-on [New Tab Override (WebExtension), by Soren] which does work as you would expect. Using latest Firefox (v70.0.1) as of this date [2019-11-15].
- Valutata 1 su 5di Cory Martin, 3 anni faI created my own HTML file that I wanted to be loaded when I open new tabs, and set it as my home page. Unfortunately, this extension doesn't seem to work with local files for some odd reason.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 15079341, 3 anni faAsks permission to collect all of your web browsing history, web data, and 2 other things. Why?! Did not install. If this is Mozilla's fault, shame on you. Please fix your design for handling what should be built in to the browser anyway.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 14600225, 4 anni faNew Tab Homepage installed fine. But when open a new Tab I get a blank page instead of my home page. I've read some of your suggested fixes but they are far too involved for me. Why can't New Tab Hompage force installation of whatever home page is set in Firefox. Is there a simple fix? My HOME page is a local system file: file:///C:/!home.htm Now I find: "Didn't seem to work at first, until I found out that due to Firefox restrictions, local files cannot be handled by add-ons. My homepage was a local file..." Why in heavens name not??? I set MY home page why can't it open MY file??? I don't have a server to set a remote file, surely there is a solution for this nonsense?
- Valutata 1 su 5di ATIL_001, 4 anni faAll homepage products, this one no exception, do not load a local html file as my homepage. It only works on URL's. I use an HTML file on my PC with all my bookmarks as my homepage. MyHomepage used to work perfectly, then Firefox got updated and now it no longer works. It is not a very big deal, I open a new tab, which is blanc, click on the Home button and voila. However, I really (!) would appreciate it when a homepage add-on would allow me to automatically load my HTML file. I appreciate the good work though, keep it up. Firefox is really worth it.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Utente Firefox 14320088, 4 anni faWill not allow loading local files on Ubuntu / Linux.
No, "Mozilla doesn't allow this functionality" is not an answer. I have this extension, with the same local file, working perfectly fine on Windows 8.1 but it refuses to load on Ubuntu. The only use I have for this extension does not work so it is immediately uninstalled.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Jgreg7, 4 anni faI recently returned to Firefox after a several year break, due to problems with other browsers.
This add-on is a nice idea, however it does not seem work on Firefox 60.0.2 using my home page. I might try it again in the future if it is fixed.