- Valutata 3 su 5di charlie, un anno faive used this for about a year now and its somewhat okay. its useful for somethings such as changing fonts and its text to speech but so many things are locked behind a paywall it gets a bit frustrating.
- Valutata 1 su 5di Joules, un anno faThis doesn't work, I have all the permissions set. The green message "immersive reader" says it is loading, but then nothing, no reading mode... super confused.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 14199188, 2 anni faEDIT : the reader fail on some websites with this error : "Sorry, we could not find any text on this page."
This happened on that website and some others :
It works if I select the text before hand tho, is it the intended behavior ?
Finally, I no longer have to use Edge to enjoy the immersive reader ! I'm very grateful for that.
Suggestion : atm it's a bit cumbersome to access the reader tool. Could you do something like what the Text To Speech (TTS) addon does, i.e :
Select any desired text. A play icon appears, click on it to start the voice reading.
Or maybe do what Edge does :
Select the text, then right click and click on "read aloud" in the context menu.
Anyway, thanks again for this addon, I think this will be useful to many.
- Valutata 1 su 5di uniquew, 2 anni fa"Access your data for all websites" why need this permission if other text to speech extensions doesn't require it???
- Valutata 5 su 5di Utente Firefox 16521757, 2 anni faHelperbird does so many things that are game changing for me! By far the two most important are the the font changes and the highlight ruler. I can change fonts to something dyslexia friendly. The ruler helps me stay on the line I'm trying to read. These two things change the blur into words!
It has taken a bit of experimentation, so plan to spend a little time figuring out how to use the features. Tech support has been great when I have had problems!
- Valutata 2 su 5di Anh, 3 anni faThe feature I wanted to use the most, the ruler, when enabled would make the web page freeze & I cannot scroll down to read the rest of the article. There should be an option to set multuple rulers in different colours, and more option for heights as well as widths, and options to set the rulers at fixed positions on screen that can be saved & enabled at 1 click. Dyslexia/dyspraxia/dysgraphia & other developmental disabilities manifest differently in different people. I don't mind paying because I really need aid reading, but I don't use all the other features & the one that I really need doesn't work very well. It's a pity.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 3 anni faHey Anh,
Thank you for the comment, you will be delighted to now we have just updated the Firefox version with these issues fixed :) Also the Firefox version will always be free.