- Valutata 4 su 5di Teominious, un mese faAfter many a year using AdBlock Plus without any qualms, gripes, annoyances, or other issues specifically to block Youtube ads, Google made the brilliant decision to start a self-fulfilling prophecy by blocking access to the site for those that use such an extension
Barring the fact this is the web equivalent of mandating the installation of cameras on every television set, (such that the cable provider can remove service from those whom aren't confirmed to be watching and listening throughout the entirety of every break) even if I disabled AB+ (Something I didn't even consider doing due to Google;'s increasingly anti-creator, way-too-particular rules), I would likely be seeing the popups anyway as a result of NextDNS being implemented across the entire household, and me browsing almost-exclusively in Private/Incognito mode.
As such, my journey found me happening upon Ghostery, and after a bit of research, I figured it was worth a go.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with the decision to swap over, as I didn't realise how much I'd rather just go right into a site without any cookies needing to be configured, and start doing what I actually came to.
However, while the extension did as-promised and blocked off the unwanted window, it only did that for a time, as the window popped up again this most recent session
Oddly, though, it went away and stopped showing up after a time, so it seems as though it still blocks the lockout, but not the window itself.
I suspect this to be fixed in a future update, though, and also will revise this review to 5 stars if it is, but either way, if you'd like total privacy not just on Youtube, but literally everywhere, give this a go!
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 17 giorni fa💙 Many thanks for your review and describing the path to Ghostery! We're happy to be of service and help protect your privacy online!
We would love the fix the issue you are experiencing with the Never-Consent feature. Please reach out to email@example.com with some examples of websites where Never-Consent does not behave as expected.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Utente Firefox 18198239, 2 mesi fasince i have had Ghostery i have many warning of sites and what the security industry and corporations are up to.
- Valutata 4 su 5di deadeyejay, 4 mesi faGreat add-on but it currrently stops YouTube from working so I have to disable it for now :( fix that and it'll be an easy 5 stars. Hope you can fix it!Hi there, all ad blockers are confronted with the same problem. For any concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here you can find further details on the topic you mentioned: https://www.wired.com/story/youtubes-ad-blocker-crackdown-spurs-record-uninstalls/
For updates, please check our Status page: https://www.ghostery.com/status.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Orwell1984, 4 mesi fa19.10.2023
YouTube still detect Ghostery.
When will you fix it?Hi there,
all ad blockers are confronted with the same problem. Here you can find further details on the topic: https://www.wired.com/story/youtubes-ad-blocker-crackdown-spurs-record-uninstalls/
For updates, please check our Status page: https://www.ghostery.com/status or reach out to email@example.com.
- Valutata 4 su 5di Navigator_Navigates, 6 mesi faIt seems to not be working as good (as it once was) with PCH (Publishers Clearing House). Am having to refresh page over and over. Also, YT is (lol) DEMANDING to allow ads.Hi there, if possible please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to fix the issue, if provided with more details. Re YT, please find more information here: https://www.wired.com/story/youtubes-ad-blocker-crackdown-spurs-record-uninstalls/
- Valutata 4 su 5di Az, un anno faAbsolutely loved Ghostery for the time I used it, but it seems as if ads are becoming far more aggressive. Youtube in of itself has removed overlay ads and now they easily skate by the Ghostery blocker to play before every video starts.Hi there, happy to hear we have been of service! If possible please reach out to email@example.com. We would be happy to fix the issue, if provided with more details.
Re Youtube, please find more information here: https://www.wired.com/story/youtubes-ad-blocker-crackdown-spurs-record-uninstalls/