- Noté 5 sur 5par Savannah, il y a 4 ans(edited March 2022) The recent update is great. Being able to automatically archive all the pages I visit gives me a lot of peace of mind.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14709676 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansThe bug of March 2019 that triggers it on about 30% of times I try to go back one page (on regular, live, working URLs) needs to be fixed...
Else very useful since so many websites (especially universities and governments!) can't seem to understand the concept of a stable URL!
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12145106 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansIt currently has a bug that causes it to trigger sometimes when I click the back button. I just visited the page a minute ago, it works fine when the addon is disabled, and my internet connection is fast, so I don't think it's a problem with the site.
However, apart from the bug, this is indicative of a problem with the addon design, which is that it redirects to a different page, and offers no option to exit out of the addon or try to load the original page even if the Wayback Machine addon thinks it's broken. It's okay for the addon to make mistakes, it's not okay for me to need to disable it in order to load the original page.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14540481 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansToo aggressive when sites don't load immediately. It was nice the one time the site actually was down, but not the fifty other times my internet just was slow.
- Noté 2 sur 5par ꜱᴩʀɪᴛᴇ➀, il y a 4 ansIt keeps taking over pages even if they do load. I end up having to click on the back button mltiple times because it keeps insisting that the page is missing when I can see it perfectly fine before it redirects it half a second later.
- Noté 3 sur 5par bharatgkmsrgroup, il y a 4 ansIt will be better if this extension have a auto show option
- Noté 3 sur 5par Rory O’Kane, il y a 4 ansThis extension worked great for a long time, only showing the 404 detected popup when I actually encountered a missing page. However, I recently updated from Firefox 56 to Firefox 63 (which may have updated the extension too), and that caused the extension to start detecting spurious 404s, as other reviews describe. When this extension works, it is a convenient way to open the WayBack Machine, but I’m going to have to disable the extension for now until it gets fixed.
On older Firefox versions I used to use the add-on Resurrect Pages by Anthony Lieuallen. I stopped using it because it became incompatible with my Firefox version, but apparently it supports the latest Firefox version again. It may be worth checking out.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13156335 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansToo damn keen on redirecting working sites - Iv'e disabled it now until it's fixed
- Noté 1 sur 5par lacoL, il y a 5 ansToo damn aggressive, if it has a pop-over that I can close I would be very happy but to just cause it to move away from the site I'm viewing because an image gives a 404 status is damn right WRONG.
This thing i turned off until it is revisited that it checks for the base path to return a 404 and ignores if the original request returns a status of 200. How damn hard can it be?!
- Noté 1 sur 5par Tharwen, il y a 5 ansIt keeps making it impossible to visit working sites by redirecting me to a page claiming they're dead. There really should be an option to disable the automatic redirection
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14215346 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansGreat in principle, but... as plenty of other users have noted, it's way too hasty in execution. I'm continually having to reload perfectly live, current pages because it's jumped in prematurely. As others have also pointed out, it's ludicrous that the obstructive pop-up can't be cancelled – all it needs is a 'Cancel' button.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14212480 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansAs a lot of people noted, too eager to display page that will take you to archives. Please, at least make setting that would disable that pop-up. I'm totally fine going into menu and asking for archive page from there if the page doesn't load. What I'm not fine with is when pop-up blocks otherwise working page.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14191726 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansAsk me to see archives when the site is good.