- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17074813 de Firefox, il y a un moisNoté 1 sur 5I loose all the links every time mozilla firefox updates and restarts. This is a serious bug which onetab team not fixed.
- par Calamar, il y a 3 moisNoté 1 sur 5Despues de un un reinicio del ordenador por fallo del suministro electrico se ha perdido todas las pestañas guardadas en OneTab, no hay ningún backup no forma de recuperarlas.
Mucha información perdida
- par ktmd, il y a 4 moisNoté 1 sur 5Who designed it so that all tabs disappear when the user clicks on the icon?
Why is it that when I freeze while restoring tabs, there are no tabs in Firefox and OneTab?
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16796814 de Firefox, il y a 4 moisNoté 1 sur 5You will lose all of your saved tabs sooner or later. make backups regularly. Firefox/Chrome...doesn't matter. This extension seems great but it will break your heart and make your life a nightmare. After the first time, I gave them a pass and now I am screwed. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Check out what they have to say about this app in Reddit. F**k me.
- par Yagoth, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5[Update]: This app was good but keeps going down hill. After 5+ years, enough is enough. UNINSTALLED. The backup/export buttons have now been removed preventing any kind of tab integrity.
[Old Review]: Lost all my tabs, no idea why. This kind of unreliability is a problem. I have had it happen before, but it it is very irritating.
- par FaeGiN, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5Well after reading many reviews, which I strongly urge YOU to do before touching this, I went against my better judgement and thought Id install it and just give it a test run whilst making sure to back up anything I relied on OneTab to handle for me. So I am one of those guys who has anything from 101 tabs to 550 tabs open pretty much all of the time! Yes I know it seems dumb, hogs memory, slows firefox down, drains the system RAM over time...etc, etc, etc but thats what I do because I am a bit scatty and I so often am not finished with reading or going down that particular thought train and really want to continue with it at some point. And so I leave another tab open, planning to revisit. I do admit that my current tab count of 514 is a bit over stupid and I will be culling that number after I submit this review.
So what was my experience? It was not great I can tell you. It resembled what I had read about in manymreviews. In a nutshell: OneTab saved hundreds of tabs as advertised and then when restoring....well, it just didnt! it was as if I had asked it to restore a selection of random links out of the list of over 300 it had made. As if I'd asked it to randomly pick ANY of the links and restore them but only restore less than 50 , one time it reached towards 100 so I was becoming happier hehe. But not happy.
This is DANGEROUS and should come with a warning to expect data loss!!
As I said, I took precautions. I simply created (...or 'saved' I think I should call it, a ne??(w session which is just using the session manager to give me a back up of all of the tabs that were open before I did anything drastic like trust an addon to do what it promised and handle some tab urls and restore them when asked to. Luckily, session manager works great...so does firefox sync, which was my secondary backup I suppose cos I had just sync'd my open tabs and sent them to other firefox open on my other PC and my laptop!
Well dear reader, if there still are any at this point, I want to leave you with some predictable advice so, here goes..l
Please Dont Bother With This!
I dont think it is ready for Prime time. Not quite yet. Too unpredictable for now and too risky for your data to be handled by and trusted with.
If you must have a go then be smart: Do some backup like my method.
DON'T LOSE DATA
*longest review I ever did write
- par laugher, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5Installed this with the hopes of managing the many tabs I have opened.
OneTab took all my tabs, converted it into a list that allowed me to easily review and delete the ones I no longer need.
However, when I tried to restore the clean list of tabs from OneTab back into FireFox, it only restored 5 tabs out of 84.
Buggy and cannot be relied upon if you want to cleanup your tabs. I have since deleted/uninstalled this extension.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16991052 de Firefox, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5When it works its great when things go wrong - things go very wrong.
Firefox crashed lost all links pushed to one tab. Requested assistance multiple time and never got a response.
- par Muse, il y a 5 moisNoté 1 sur 5Quite dangerous to rely on OneTab for your "saved" pages! I lost TWICE in a year MANY of my saved tabs. use it at your own risk!!! Much better to be safe to use Bookmarks instead. Onetab is for light and occasional daily use. You have to ALWAYS worry whenever you do a firefox update and THINK to backup before you proceed... NOT the kind of easygoing addon that devs want you to believe.
- par yaoh, il y a 6 moisNoté 1 sur 5Great idea, but when restoring the tabs by "Restore all tabs" only a part of the tabs was restored. Thus only unnecessary effort to find the tabs in the history again. If it would work reliably, it would be a great tool.