- par Beavis, il y a 5 moisNoté 5 sur 5I'm really baffled at all the reviews that said this extension doesn't work! Whatever the case may be, as of Oct 16, 2020 this thing runs like a well oiled machine! And it has all the bases covered and then some. I really like the ability to import and export. I'm sure looking forward to non-publically "infecting" my friend's PC by punching up his news feed with the most disparaging nicknames I could think up! ( tee-hee :+D ) It has been such a catharsis to read doctored articles where the elitist thugs who are hell-bent on returning to the good 'ol days of colonialism and oppression are referenced with the respect they deserve. I can't say strongly enough how soothing it is to immerse myself in the mean-spirited and puerile indulgence of extruding as many of the crudest insults I could possibly fit into a moniker.
Oh, yeah, writing this review was quite a release as well. But I would argue that this has also been an exercise in "leading by example": I have not named anyone, I have directed my attacks at elitists by condemning colonialism and oppression (easy to defend against a "pro-oppression" rebuttal); I have made clear my contempt for the "bad guys", but have been vague about exactly who they are (conspicuous in my dissent, civilized in my presentation); I have avoided "in your face" trash talk and divisive tactics in favor of "diplomacy" (increase the peace - or you'll be sorry) and patience (you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar); and I have tried to practice humility by making a fool of myself (what else would you call someone who not only believes that random acts of kindness will win the war, but goes on record saying so?)
So if that doesn't convince you what a great extension this is, I don't know what possibly could!
- par a duck, il y a 5 moisNoté 4 sur 5Can the 'Apply auto substitutions every time interval' be toggled via the toolbar menu? Also would be great to enable this automatically for a specified list of domains.
- par Punching You, il y a 10 moisNoté 2 sur 5Has never worked for me, I've tried using it a few times over the years, checking for replacement addons. It doesn't automatically perform the replacements, at pageload or periodically, regardless or what settings are selected.
Manual selection works but that's not at all what I'm looking for.
- par eUROs, il y a un anNoté 3 sur 5Although that I this is a very interesting extension and can be a time saver to many text writing users on the web, I gave only 3 stars because it can ONLY replace text and symbols in the text box of "Google translate" website only. It doesn't work on any other website, or Addon/extension which have full/or pop up text page input window. Also it takes two steps to do this job, whereas other similar Addons do this with one-click of the button. (here you must click the addon on the toolbar, click Replace from the list, and after a Sidebar will open on the right side of the window... which is too much of actions to do).
-> For now I will go with the two similar addons which are very convenient to me. Those are: ◾ Replace by erosman and the ◾ Find & Replace for Text Editing by Dalimil Hajek.
Fix this problem (to be able to replace text everywhere and make the process in only one step), and I will give 5 stars on my rating.
- par Deadly-Bagel, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5This addon is great both for tidying up something obstructive (actually broke the page) someone posted on a site I frequent, and also for working around an annoying no-select flag.
However, regarding the latter, I've found that HTML replace does not work on page load. I know the replace is good because it works on interval and when run manually, but not on page load.
- par Mattwo, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Github seems to think my email address isn't registered even though I know for a fact I registered there and I'm not going to wait an hour for it to unlock registration after too many failed login attempts so I'm going to complain here: I tried to follow this guide to translate a Japanese website:
but I couldn't figure out how to substitute the steps with this addon. I found the options section but I couldn't figure out how to use it. It looks like it only works for one URL at a time instead of an entire portion of a site
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anThe format for that addon is different, so you can't use the same file as in the pastebin linked there. Instead you should manually add each substitution in FoxReplace if you want to use it. Since I see there are a lot of them you must decide if you are better using Chrome with Word Replacer II in this case or taking the time to add the substitutions in FoxReplace.
If you want to do it you have to click the Add button in the top left. In the dialog that appears add the URL where they must be applied in the URls table (press Enter key when finished). Then click on Substitutions and enter every substitution (you can use the Tab key to move between fields). Make sure that the last one is confirmed (it must have a new empty line just below). When finished press OK.
- par Сергей, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Hello!
I really liked your addition, I have a big request to you, make a confirmation to delete the entered rules, as well as cancel other changes.
Thank you very much for your work!
- par Taylor5042, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5This extension is top notch!
I have a project where I needed to match some text via regex and replace it with the match formatted into a URL.
This extension does exactly that for specific URL's.
- par fradadf, il y a un anNoté 4 sur 5The "Apply automatic substitutions every _ seconds" function is VERY VERY VERY easily making the websites LAGGED and CRASHED.
P.S. The above comment should be polite,does your mother teach you that?
- par Tomski43, il y a un anNoté 5 sur 5Läuft gut unter Firefox 69.x
Mein Anwendungsfall: Das Lesen von Texten mit UNNÖTIGEN Anglizismen wird künftig endlich erträglich. Diese App sorgt also dafür, dass mein Blutdruck weniger oft ansteigt und sie ist somit dem Erhalt der Gesundheit dienlich - besonders bei Texten aus Informationstechnik und Sport.
Auch nett... Endlich kann ich die Namen bestimmter Politiker ersetzen.
(Merkel -> Muddi , Trump -> Voll... , usw.)
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15271912 de Firefox, il y a un anNoté 1 sur 5Doesn't work, and I don't mean it has bugs/issues, I mean this extention does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, it can not be used, as it adds no menus, no button, no interaction of any kind other than to remove it, so that's exactly what I did. Don't bother with this.