- Se valoró con 1 de 5por ichimikichiki, el hace un añoThey are hyper paranoid that they just end up pushing away ALL potential customers with overly invasive identity confirmation tactics. Good luck with bankruptcy.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16718173, el hace 3 añosIl nous demande un numéro de téléphone, puis ensuite une authentification avec Linkedin, puis au dernier moment, nous demande de payer, après avoir fait tout le procesus d'inscription. sans savoir si il fonctionne, et il précise pas qu'il faut payer
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 15862340, el hace 4 añosJust Another DATA MINER
I tried to create an account on HUNTER who is trying to pass itself off as a legitimate app. Only AFTER I entered my name and email address did they say my email domain (protonmail.com) was unacceptable to them.
This isn't an APP. This is just another DATA MINER trying to get into your business so they can SELL your data!
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Jiminy1, el hace 5 añosNo UX, so uninstalled Hunter
Hunter needs access on my FF datas ... => Free version tested on a test PC (secure is secure ...)
Results (=Adresses) only fed the system of Hunter, (except if download 1:1 manually, which i can do without that add-on)
Hunter is recurrently asking for (paid) upgrade, to reach that easily.
Paid version probably better but not at all adapted to my needs / expectations
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14508452, el hace 5 añosTitle - Way more questions than answers... After installing, I received a couple of messages from the app asking me to upgrade. I hadn't used it yet. I tried it for one site but Hunter couldn't find the site (although other apps had no trouble). Another message asking me to upgrade. I then tried it on a Government site, but the only results Hunter showed were ones published on the actual site. Another Hunter message asking me to upgrade, but also telling me I had hit my monthly limit. No limit mentioned before this, but really, 2 searches, one unsuccessful, is the limit? 3 message since then asking me to upgrade. Verdict? MWOT.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Mr.Moto, el hace 6 añosFirst I tried to use my legitimate email address I use all the time to sign up and I kept getting a message to "Please don't use a disposable email.", even though it is NOT a disposable email at all so not a good sign already for an email address finder app.
So I simply tried installing the hunter add-on to the Firefox browser using the AMO site and doing this I got the message "The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt" each time I attempted to install the add-on.
So I created another email account to try and sign up via the hunter website and then tried to search for our dentist to see if we could get his email address (which is why I was interested in hunter in the first place) and did not get any information that helped at all.
Just for kicks, I did a "verify" on my email address that hunter considered a disposable address and what do I get?
Besides "risky email address" which is no help I got the following two red "X" results:
It looks like a gibberish email address.
It is a disposable email address.
Well it's not a "gibberish email address" as I use it daily and have been for years.
And obviously it is not a "disposable email address".
Not very reliable if you ask me, clearly the parameters Hunter uses are failing to provide accurate results proven out by testing my own email address that hunter assumed was "disposable" and presumably an invalid address based on the reference to "gibberish" regarding my valid email address.
And lastly, I got more useful information from https://verify-email.org/# which is available to anyone on the web without signing up.
I rarely post reviews for software but in this case considering the degree of failure I felt compelled to post a review considering the difficulty just signing up for the app or the inability to install the Hunter Firefox add-on not to mention the bogus results for my personal email which is totally valid and not at all "disposable", WOW!!!