- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13513062, el hace 3 añosGood at blocking mishaps, but it over-doing it on some websites. For example, none of the ebay's websites is functional due to Disconnect blocking it.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Apollino, el hace 4 añosAttention: it blocks some functionalities on Ebay!
I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why ebay didn't load my pictures, it was fault of this addon...
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14984399, el hace 5 añosI'm concerned, because googletagmanager.com is not blocked anymore. On the one hand, I can understand the arguments , as Google Tag Manager is not a tracker itself, and it's fine for me to unblock it. BUT the domain googletagmanager.com is also used to serve retargeting scripts and Google Ad scripts. This aspect is not mentioned at all in the discussion , which worries me even more!
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13574850, el hace 5 añosFor an extension that's supposed to be about privacy, the fact that the permissions have changed to now require "unlimited storage of client side data" is incredibly suspicious.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 5 añosWe did not change the permission on our end. Also, we collect zero data (except if you explicitly volunteer it, like if you send us an email). Our entire business is protecting your privacy, we don't make any money on your data. In order to block trackers on websites you visit we need the permissions we ask for, unfortunately.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por ononoma, el hace 5 añosWould be great but often "forgets" what I whitelisted on FF. No problem w/Opera or Chrome, but I don't want to use them as they're less secure. Since I disabled this on FF opening browser is faster because my home page isn't blacklisted by this ext. Yes, I even whitelisted my homepage in FF options. Running Windows. Give me a solution and I'll gladly change my review. Using other quality priv/sec ext.s so not flying naked, but this was, could be a nice layer. Yeah, I saw the instructions about installing it before other P&S ext.s. Still "forgets". This is review is meant to be constructive, not negative. I know these ext.s are hard work.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 5 añosReally appreciate the feedback and we are looking into a solution to these issues. Would be great to have more details about "forgetting" whitelisting. Is this happening between sessions, for example. Any more details sent to firstname.lastname@example.org would be appreciated. Thank you.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14393819, el hace 5 añosThis extensions apparently is not maintained: it hasn't been updated in two years; also, it has some no longer used code, e.g. /data/services.js is no longer used because the data was moved to /data/services.json. Furthermore, Disconnect is rather limited in features compared to uBlock Origin, AdGuard, Adblock/Ablock Plus, etc. Specifically, it uses domain-based filters, so is unable to block site's own tracking. You might as well install a hosts file and/or block third-party cookies and get pretty much the same result as with Disconnect at a fraction of resource use.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 9777552, el hace 5 añosGood, but not good enough. This add-on blocks any 3rd party cookies on the current domain. But it doesn't work in more complex scenarios. When you log in to some web site via Facebook, Google or similar provider, after login completed, the cookies set by these authentication services - Facebook, Google etc. - remain set.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por fireside, el hace 6 añosThis blocks embedded Twitter images from showing on many web pages, such as on Huffington Post pages. And there is no option to change that, other than disabling Disconnect. And I am not sure this addon is needed anymore since Adblock Plus also has options to block tracking. And their options don't block embedded Twitter images from showing on pages.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 13115620, el hace 6 añosDisconnect always used to block ads. Then a year or so ago it stopped working with Firefox. After a very long period of time it re-appeared, fixed. Trouble is now it lets ads through when a page loads, but when the page is refreshed the ads disappear. So I don't know whether it's stopping sites tracking me, which I guess is its core purpose.
Edit (Oct 29): Tried re-installing, didn't fix it.
March 15, 2018: Any progress on a fix for this? I've been very patient.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 6 añosThank you for sharing your experience, and that is very strange. While our extension does not block all ads, it is designed to block those that are privacy invasive. If you haven't, you may want to uninstall then reinstall the extension to be sure it's properly set up since you've had trouble with the extension previously as well.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por grahamperrin, el hace 6 añosI used Disconnect (alongside Privacy Badger) for a few weeks.
Too many parts of the GUI are ambiguous so today I disabled the extension.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 6 añosThank you for taking the time to share your experience and your feedback on this. If you ever have any questions, please be sure to reach out to us at email@example.com. We would be glad to clear up anything that is unclear.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por plb4333, el hace 7 añosI use Firefox 52.1.1 ESR and the behaviour is the same as previous versions of FF. It has varied from NO icon, to an icon that looks like a puzzle piece. Either way, there's no way to do options at all. Not worth using if there's no options or display that contributes. This has been going on for quite a while now with nothing done to help this. Why?
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 7 añosThank you for sharing what you're seeing, and that is certainly not normal or intended. Our team is working hard to investigate reports of issues with our extension and get them resolved. It has taken longer than we would like to get to the bottom of this, but we are continuing to work on this.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 12972321, el hace 7 añosDoesn't work on the Facebook website itself. Too bad.
Respuesta del desarrolladorpublicado el hace 7 añosWe appreciate your feedback on this! It is good to note that our focus is on third-party tracking. This means for example. we block Facebook's trackers on non-Facebook-owned sites.