- Rated 5 out of 5by ivan5, 6 months agoCool add, but as i can suggest some of function like elements hiding can be realized as *-block filter list. It would be cool to create lists of these filters uploaded on web page (for example, github) and import it to my ublock instead of extra add.
- Rated 4 out of 5by CyberAqyn, 6 months agoIt has some useful features like hiding annotations in the end of video but doesn't hide recommended videos.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoHi, thank you for the review! The "Hide Recommended" option should hide recommended videos (in the sidebar to the right of a video), but if that is not working for you, could you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can help troubleshoot the issue?
- Rated 5 out of 5by ThunderingRoar, 6 months agoOMG how did i not know about this addon earlier, i can finally disable end screen cards, remove annotation and autoplay buttons, hide youtube mixes, clear up youtube's bloatware in the search engine without using some scuffed UBO filters. Thank you so much for this
- Rated 5 out of 5by FireHead, 7 months agoUsed Adblocker Ultimate's Block Element before, but youtube did a lot of work to circumvent that, changed their page structure to dynamically load page parts so that Addblocker cannot properly block the annoying propaganda parts of youtube pages. I got so tired of youtube constantly pushing unwanted garbage, and was so lucky to find this extension. It works well, and offers even more features than I hoped for. Basically I only want to see the content created by the video author and nothing else, and this extension helps me achieve exactly that. Thanks to the extension developer!
- Rated 5 out of 5by jk, 7 months agoI may be jumping the gun here. I literally installed this add-on five minutes ago. It didn't have the specific feature I was looking for, but it seemed to come the closest.
I do a YouTube search. I see a bunch of relevant videos. Then I start seeing stuff that have nothing to do with my search. Then the foreign language stuff shows up and pretty much overtakes my search. I wanted to stop all these videos in languages I don't understand from showing up in my searches.
I had just done a search that was typical of the problem. Good stuff, useless stuff and foreign stuff. The further I scrolled down the more foreign stuff there was. Then I installed this add-on and ran the same search. I scrolled down and down and down. Not only was I not getting tons of irrelevant stuff, but no foreign language stuff.
Okay, it's not perfect. Keep scrolling down and foreign language stuff does start showing up,but it's a lot better than it was.
We'll see how it functions in the long term, but for now I couldn't be happier with Unhook.