Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Julius Caesar, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5I love this extension because of how simple and easy it is to use. I like to sync my bookmarks between my desktop and laptop and it works like a charm at times.
I have however encountered issues with adding bookmarks on my laptop and then syncing through firefox on my desktop and the bookmarks not syncing through. Not a major issue since I can export/import bookmarks but it would be nice if they synced.
- by pringles, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Was working good, until recently it doesn't save bookmarks anymore. I added more than 10 links last night and this morninig they are gone. Will be finding another add on like Hush maybe.
- by Firefox user 16152016, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5I have tried this add on/extension and starts out fine but then it will not work and you will loose your bookmarks that you save.
I even have backed up but it will not load them back up all I get is .... " Sorry the add on is not working and then you have to delete it and reinstall but why go through all of the hassle in the first place?
I tried it 2 times and after a couple of times it will still do the same thing .... Not going to install anymore....
- by Josiah O'Connel, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Ok this add-on is incredible and works extremely well once you know what you're doing and how to set it up. That being said, it was not the easiest set up because there was no tutorial or instructions on where the hidden folder would appear or how to move multiple bookmarks into that hidden folder. But I did a bit of snooping and figured it all out. Now it works seamlessly and I would recommend this to anyone who needs privacy from prying eyes or Big Brother. One question though, so if some one was to get on and delete the add-on what would happen to the bookmarks? I thought about it as a workaround if some one was trying to access your stuff without the password. Would the bookmarks then be revealed and hey could access all your things or would they all just disappear with the add-on?
Developer responseposted 5 months agoThe tutorial is in the add on description (folder location, what you can do with it). To answer your question: if you did not export any backups then yes the bookmarks would be gone together with the add-on as far as I know. Even if by any chance Firefox did not delete the file containing them, it is still encrypted with your password. Thanks for your feedback!
- by Bob Malooga, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Forcing your own personal password requirements on a tool that is 100% local is bogus.
EDIT: Saw the option after setting it, that does help, but is needless to begin with. Just let us set whatever we want from the beginning.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoI disagree. Local or not - good default password requirements pros outweigh the relative minor con of going to the options page to disable them if you so choose. I appreciate the feedback though!