- Rated 4 out of 5by AC, 5 years agoAn Excellent Add-on, when it works!
This is the perfect YouTube Video blocking add-on but needs to be constantly updated because YouTube keeps updating their back end code. So when it works it works and when it doesn't, it's best to wait for the next update and hope it starts working again. Kudos to the dev for his work.
As for the individual(s) who keep posting misleading reviews saying everyone who can't get this add-on working is an idiot because it works perfectly on their system, it's best to ignore them because the internet is too full of clueless individuals like that who think they're smarter than the rest.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Anonymous user 92bq5r, 6 years agoThis extension is good for managing youtube channels/videos. Works well.
~ Sometimes channel names aren't recognized and fail to be blocked. This can happen if the name has spaces.
~ Attempting to block a channel while viewing one of its videos often fails. Blocking a channel needs to be done from outside of the channel content to get results.
- Rated 4 out of 5by z0so, 6 years agoThe only thing missing is public general lists to import into it that people share and use on a large scale in no time, as it is for personal use one can block a lot of channels but then another one pops up, otherwise this is the best tool to an uphill battle to block youtubers that make a life on hoaxing a majority of people with ufo videos or what ever else they have to lie about.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Novadestin, 6 years agoSo far, this add-on has worked well and does what it's supposed to. There are a couple of issues with it though:
1. It slows down YouTube/causes YouTube to not work properly - I have noticed that when this add-on is running it takes much longer for YouTube search results to load (like a noticeable wait and I only have 2 channels blocked). The same kind of delay happens when loading an individual channel. It's certainly not something that would stop be from using this add-on, but definitely something that could be worked on.
2. I have to disable this add-on to see my YouTube notifications! - This is definitely a pain in the arse and needs to be fixed. If this add-on is enabled and I click the bell to see my notifications, it is completely blank. Once I disable this add-on, I am able to see my notifications just fine.
Other than that, thank you to the creator for providing such a much needed add-on!
- Rated 4 out of 5by CZokhobo, 6 years agofor those who use firefox quantum: extension still works, but...
1. you have to switch to new youtube format/layout
2. maybe you will need to clear cookies that contain "google" and "youtube" from your browser first
i noticed that some parts of youtube server are different from the new layout so video blocker won't work on them, but if you're watching your favourite content, the right pannel with suggested videos will be filtered with video blocker rules, the same as with search results on the main page, so that means this extension is still useful.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Valmont, 6 years agoOne my favorite Firefox Add Ons. I have about 580 blocks defined, most of them mainstream media and clickbait channels. Some channels aren't that bad, but if they use click-bait headlines, I block them. Period. Little persistent bug is that your browser hangs if you click on a video from- or land on a channel you have blocked. Videos from blocked channel usually doens't show in searches or recommended list, but sometimes it does and it might trick you into clicking, resulting a frozen browser. So 4/5 stars. Well deserved.
- Rated 4 out of 5by BladeNext, 6 years agoThis extension allows you to fully block channels that are bad or unneeded,but you cannot do that with the new youtube style,which is pretty bad. I did not check if you can with the channel manual add feature but it is still bad that you cannot do it as easily or ever on the new style.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Joe Nicolas, 6 years agoWhat an add-on! One of the most useful add-ons I've ever found. Finally I can block spoilers in YT and can block unwanted annoying channels. But, it's not working with the newer look of YT. You have keep your YT look classic. And for the devs, please I beg to you, please make this add-on work for mobile Firefox, please, please. This add-on is so useful. Thanks a lot guys. :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13229773, 6 years agoIt would be amazing if I could block an entire topic (like 'Sports' or 'Comedy', using the topic tag in the video description) instead of just individual YouTubers. Do you plan a feature like that?
Besides that, it's a great add-on.