- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14146184, 5 years agoA good AddOn - but does not work (any more?). Tested this AddOn with Chrome and it works beautiful, but I can´t get it to work with firefox. Maybe there is a sort of update oder UI-Change inside YT, or this AddOn is not compatible with some other AddOns, but 1. It does not block any channels I manually added 2. When I rightclick on a thumb and choose "block Channel" the channel does not appear on the Video Blocker List and nothing happens. I love using FF, so it would be great if there is a workaround
- Rated 3 out of 5by Tehkos, 6 years agoI can't use it anymore. I don't see most of thumbnails on www.youtube.com/feed/trending page. I tried to reinstall extension month ago and now, and it still has this problem.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Finn, 6 years agoit seems to be working. But not always. you tend to have to refresh the page sometimes to make it work sadly. was a great extension when it worked.. hope this gets fixed
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13808270, 6 years agoIt blocks everything properly, but whenever I first load a youtube page, it freezes firefox.
I have 1200 blocked items, but it worked perfectly fine before without a hitch. :/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Shajirr, 6 years agoUnfortunately I found one problem which made this addon unusable - it completely wipes out all Notifications, they just don't load at all. Everything else seemed to work.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefoss, 6 years agoUse blocktube by amitbl instead.
This one was wonderful until 2019-03-22, when it started blocking all of the videos on youtube.
It has not been updated in three years.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Dragonetta, 6 years agoI am now seeing blocked content again ever since your last update. I can't bear YouTube without this plugin. Please fix it ASAP! Too much hateful, racist content on YouTube. I need this plugin!
- Rated 3 out of 5by John, 6 years agoSince the last update, it doesn't work. It's not working for 3 days now, and it is really annoying to see all this lame content popping up everywhere. I rate 5 stars, but I will go down by one star each day it's not fixed.
Thank you for your work on this, but we still need your hardwork!
Also it would be good if when we click on an external link that leads to a blocked channel it doesn't freeze Firefox, but a window would pop-up and say it's blocked content, that would be sooo nice.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Net, 7 years agoWhen I try to add channel to block list nothing happens at all.
In black-list channel not appears. Why did you broke this cool plug-in???
PS I have an 192 items in black list
ps 2 when I open blocked chanel (by link or autoplay function on of youtube) - firefox hangs up!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12713328, 7 years agoIt's a great add-on, but it does't work with the new Material Design :(
I hope the add-on will be updated, because it's a great tool to block all kinds of annoying channels.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Mike D., 7 years agoI did find one bug that's been driving me nuts. Some videos don't display at all on youtube when the add-on is activated. For me it seems to be any video with a 4 in the title. The videos show up anywhere outside youtube (such as google search), but clicking on them causes Firefox to freak out and automatically go back a page.
This can be prevented by opening the video in a new tab, but you still can't see them while browsing youtube if it has a 4 in the title. This means videos like numbered Lets Plays that are numbered 39-50 or 399-500 are invisible. That's at maximum 100 videos you're missing out on.
I have to turn the add-on off every time this happens, then turn it back on again whenever youtube gives me garbage recommendations.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12524184, 7 years agoSince youtube is 80% full of shit this addon is quite good.
sadly the "rightclick on thumbnail to block" feature doesnt work since there is no button in the context menu
im using it on chrome aswell and simply export the list from chrome to firefox since the click on thumbnail button works there and makes for a much easier time blocking channels
but im sure the addon can do better and i hope for a fix
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12469189, 7 years agoI was happy with it until the recent updates (that deleted everything that i blocked and made other changes that i don't like) so i had to downgrade back to Version 2.0.1 and i am happy again.
Developer responseposted 7 years agoHi! I'm sorry the last update has caused some trouble, I have put a small explanation in the add-on description.
Regarding your lost blocked channels: You can export the old list in version 2.0.1 and import it again in version 5.2.4.