Reviews for Alternate Player for Twitch.tv
Alternate Player for Twitch.tv by Alexander Choporov (CoolCmd)
- Rated 3 out of 5by PrincessOfTheDeadSheep, 2 hours agoIt's a good program, a little confusing to use but fairly easily learned. I am grateful for it and thank you for making it free!
Currently, raids are not working. The chat will switch channels but the visuals don't show anything but the ended broadcast screen no matter what I've tried.
Also, it refuses to allow me to follow anyone! The follow button disappears and a red box with a sad emoji pops up briefly.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14816717, a month agoIt's pretty great, but for some reason there is no option to see the followed streamers left sidebar. I use that a LOT so it unfortunately prevents me from being able to use this.
- Rated 3 out of 5by furydeath, 2 months agoIt use to work but not when it's "hiding ads" it just pause the stream might as well just watch the ad.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Omnivore, 2 months agoTwitch API changes have broken this extension, for most users. You can view video but, login is failing (so no chat or user presence.) Until it's updated, you'll need to find another method. This is by far the best Twitch viewing experience, when it works. I'd donate in a heartbeat if the creator relocated and started taking other currencies ...
Developer responseposted 2 months agoIf you have browser extension DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials (or similar privacy extensions) installed, try to disable/remove it. Also read the built-in help in the player.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Roman, 3 months agoI still don't understand which of my extensions stop this one from working, but some of them do. Disclaimer: by "stops this one from working" I mean that I can't log into Twitch and use chat with this extension's player. Sometimes, I turn off an extension, then this player starts working for a while, but then when I refresh the page this player stops working again. So, in the end, the choice is thus: you either use this extension and this extension only, OR you use anything and everything else. It's not for me. Twitch is just one of the websites I use, and I need my extensions for others.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Misha, 3 months agoNot work with a very bad connect. And can't work with other extensions.
It's not for me.
- Rated 3 out of 5by SasamiRari, 4 months agoWorking great EXCEPT for the follow button...when you attempt to follow a streamer, it makes the button disappear and then shows a :( face in a red box.
Is this going to be fixed?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17641161, 5 months agoThe chat add-on doesn't seem to recognize that you're logged in anymore.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17517349, 8 months agoI think the player has less lag than the twitch player.
The addon doesn't work sometimes wtf?
You can't follow raids
Can't use stuff like soundalerts because you can't see the about page
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jersey77, 9 months agoEither Twitch did something or the latest Firefox update did, but only about half the channels I look at now switch to the Alternate Player. The other half do not. Seems to be random which ones do and do not.
- Rated 3 out of 5by wesam, a year agoplease make the hiding ads optional in the settings menu thank you
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ry, 2 years agoThis has not blocked ads for months. All it does is black screen to not show the ad. May as well just uninstall the extension and mute the ad. For me its useless if it doesn't block ads.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16446069, 2 years agoWorked amazing for a month or so, and now every time I go to initialize it, it tells me that the streamer I'm trying to watch has ended their stream. I was hoping that this would be a solid work around. Guess I'm back to not watching Twitch anymore.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12809733, 2 years agoCould use a way to only replace the player, not the whole tab's content.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Oranges, 2 years agoseems to be blocking ads 12/22 again
(better than nothing but still letting some through)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16378978, 2 years agoHello, how this app works on firfox please ? I juste click left or irght on the sigle S just turn grey or black but nothing changed is just the simple normal twitch playuer i see nothing else ?? I just missing a keyboard button for activate it ?
EDIT ok i found it work only for live stream, not for the vod rediffusion on twitch stream like the video in stock.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12641720, 3 years agoHost redirect doesn't work. E.g. streamer ends the stream and hosts someone, the chat gets redirected but you still see the offline screen of the streamer who just hosted. You have to right click on chat to show frame to see which channel was hosted and manually enter the channel name in the address bar.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16163737, 3 years agoI wish there were a way to see UI elements like with the original - left sidebar for FOLLOWED CHANNELS, for example, or channel info underneath the player. Otherwise, it's pretty decent.