- Rated 1 out of 5by AbsolutelyGeneral, 6 years agoWow! Dev, thanks for your previous efforts with this app; it was great!
You either need to get back to the drawing board with this WE version and start from scratch, or abandon it altogether if you're unable to make it work properly. This version is TOTALLY useless!
Thanks again for your once-great app! (I sincerely mean that and am not being sarcastic; it was an indispensably useful app pre-WE.)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Konstantin, 6 years agoИспортили такое хорошее дополнение! Только из-за него можно сказать я использовал FireFox. Теперь меня здесь здесь ничто не держит! Ухожу обратно на Tile Tabs!
- Rated 1 out of 5by cejasdeatol, 6 years agoGuys, you had a useful and simple product. Having multiple tiles in the same tab allowed me to compare multiple stuff such as html/xml as IT specialist. Why having more opened FF windows when the reason of this add on is to see all stuff in the same screen? You really messed it. Who was the genius behind the idea to make the tool useless?With the new Firefox WebExtensions API's, it is just not possible to make Tile Tabs WE work the same way as the original Tile Tabs.
This is explained in more detail in the Important Notice on Tile Tabs WE home page:
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13378622, 6 years agoIt was the most important plugin for me. The most important Feature of Firefox. The difference to other Browsers. I thought it would be a standard feature in newer Firefox versions. Now, in the new version, it is useless. Firefox is now useless to me. Looking for a fork.
- Rated 1 out of 5by benney, 6 years agoJe ne voit pas l'intérêt de sa fonction : un simple glissé déplacer hors de la fenêtre est tout aussi efficace !
C'est la galère pour relancer Firefox et le désactiver : 1/2h en moyenne !
c'est la deuxième fois que je le teste suite à l'annonce de la fin des ancien !
C'est fini je ne le testerait jamais plus !
- Rated 1 out of 5by mumeiyamibito, 6 years agoIt is great to publish addons to tailored to new specifications of firefox. However, it's too bad compared to the previous version.
Why can not I split the window by double click?
Why create a new window without splitting the window?
If development of the previous version is stopped, I wanted to provide equivalent quality.Please read the Important Notice on the Tile Tabs WE home page:
Here are some of the reasons why you might want to use Tile Tabs WE:
• To compare multiple web pages side-by-side (e.g. 3 or more pages side-by-side).
• To create staggered layouts (e.g. one page alongside two more pages tiled vertically).
• To open links from one tab in adjacent existing tabs.
• To synchronize scroll multiple web pages side-by-side.
• To save tiled layouts which can be re-opened for future use.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Hugo CALDEIRA, 6 years agoDifferent from the old version, now when um split tab's the plugin will open two new browser windows... So now you will have a lot of space in use for nothing, for browser menus, for windows borders and so on... I've just uninstall it and won't use anymore it doesn't help anymore... I use this plugin in environment monitoring displays and was very helpful once I could show many different pages in a single browser windows with view space well used... I've prefer to use the firefox ESR with the old version than this new one...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nacon, 6 years agoIt's not fair for DW-Dev to be forced to used WebEx and can't use the same method on the older version.
So I'm giving this 1 star, not to the idea or for DW-dev's effort, but solely for Mozilla's decision on this "limitation" update.
This is Mozilla's fault.
(I'm gonna keep using the older version, the way DW-dev intended to work; to until the day Mozilla kills it.)
- Rated 1 out of 5by David, 6 years agoJust crushing, watching more and more valued extensions wither and die with each iteration of FF towards 57.
Thank you DW-dev for your clever contribution - hope it comes right someday, but that day isn't today.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12898187, 6 years agoAlas - this is basically useless compared to the old version. This is not the fault of the developer. Hopefully future versions of the new Firefox extensions API will be rich enough to support the old functionality.
- Rated 1 out of 5by chfaure, 6 years agoThe non WE extension works great but this one is not an alternative.
You will miss :
- Tabs arrangement,
- ability to EASILY assign to Tabs,
- keep single ff window with clean and lean interface....
- Rated 1 out of 5by Destroyer5, 6 years agoWhy not have it split the tabs within the same window and not open new windows. It is hard to compare other tabs when reviewing products when you have to keep going back and forth and constantly spliting.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13341101, 6 years agoOld one was much better, double click and two tabs next to each other would split, this has none of that functionality, off to find something else now.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13339571, 6 years agoThis is no longer a tab application, it is a windowed application. I didn't like the Google version so I used the Firefox version. Now this is going away. This is a Firefox issue not the Add-on developer's issue. Without this great tool, I will go back to Chrome.
- Rated 1 out of 5by It Know How, 6 years agoThe ability to control click a link into a tab excited me. But it won't save in the options. This is no longer a tab application, it is a windowed application. I didn't like the Google version so I used the Firefox version. Now this is going away. Another addon bites the dust. This is a Firefox issue not the Add-on developer's issue. Without this great tool, I will probably go back to Chrome.