- Rated 3 out of 5by eUROs, 4 years agoVery interesting and Promising Extension! It really downloads the Largest size of the images in the chosen Tab. BUT I gave only 3 stars because: For example in this web link: (https://xenofontos.com/portfolio-item/east-residence/) I tried to download the pictures from, (It has 22 photos), but the extension downloaded for me only (12 photos).
In the Preferences I have choose to download from the:
-> Active Tab
-> Image Filter: "All Images".
Fix this and I will change my rating to more Stars!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15289764, 4 years agoEDIT:
I am going to revise this from 2 stars to 5 because from what I can see the issue I am having is with Archive.org and not the add-on itself. I have determined the images that weren't downloading were ones that were not true direct links to images, rather they were in some sort of frame added by Archive.org that was preventing the add-on from finding the images. This frame seems to be used at random by Archive.org. On some websites they use it, on others, they don't. A true direct link to an image on Archive.org can be revealed by the URL; it will show "im_" after the date/timestamp in the address. Whenever it shows "Im_" the images download fine and there is no HTML source to look at, it is a direct link.
When there is no "im_" in the archived image URL, it looks like a direct link to an image but it is not. The page source can be viewed as it is considered a webpage not an image.
So yeah, this is not the add-on's fault but a flaw with Archive.org. As far as I can tell this add-on works 100% to download images conveniently.
At first it was working good but have not had much success lately. For some reason, it doesn't work on certain archived websites on Archive.org. It singles out entire archived domains, I don't know why. There doesn't seem to be a discernible difference between two different archived websites but on one website image-only tabs will download fine, 100%, but on another, 0 images will download, 0%. This is not a case of maybe the images didn't archive. No, the images are opened up successfully in the tabs. It appears to be singling out particular domains, probably not intentionally, but some sort of glitch I guess. Simply put, it works on some archived domains and not on others, and it seems to only be affecting the direct links to images (image-only tabs), so for example, the thumbnails on those affected domains still work. Odd! Very odd!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Martillo78, 5 years agoThis add-on is fantastic! Does exactly what it says in a simple way. Very easy to use and great easy settings to customize the output. The best of its kind. Thanks for this
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sassy-Chan, 5 years agoUsed to have one like this that at first was a lot better, But since Firefox Quantum I could only use this one and it has gotten so much better.
This Addon filled a much needed void. I'm really glad this developer picked this up. They have made this so much better than any other previous and current image saver.
100% recommend this addon to batch save images.
[to the developer] Thanks so much for putting so much work into this project. Your hard work has really shown through with the progress of this addon and it's in such a good spot now. And another thanks for being so responsive to people in the reviews. Again, I'm really glad it was you who made this addon.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12239101, 5 years agoGood extension, although it lacks vital options, such as an easier to get to Settings page (The settings page is really clunky right now), and the option to set the maximum width & height of the images.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14258580, 5 years agoEdited: Like I said below, the bug was fixed in version 2.1.1, so 5 stars!!
This add-on is awesome, but as of 2.1.0 version, the program has stopped working as intended. I had to downgrade to 2.0.5 for it to work as before. Please fix it and I'll give it 5 stars! :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13868625, 5 years agoBeen using this addon for a while now and 've loved it. However, ever since the update it doesn't work anymore. I can't see the icon on the Toolbar so I can't use it. Clicking on "Options" inside about:addons doesn't do anything. I've tried re-downloading but nothing works.