- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14112237, 5 years agoGreat, but would be nice if there was an ability to save the images somewhere besides the downloads folder (especially to a different drive)
This can be worked around by creating a symbolic link somewhere in your downloads folder. Running command prompt as administrator: `mklink /J C:\Users\Me\Downloads\MyCoolLink D:\Where\I\Actually\Want\The\Images`
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14010082, 5 years agoI cant believe I found something so similar to the previous image tab saver I had. It has a simple function and it does what I want it to. And it seems this one comes with additional functionality.
A thousand blessings on you and this wonderful add-on. Keep up the fantastic work on this project!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13876245, 5 years agoDoes exactly what it said. The only add-on that work after FireFox 57 to save bulk image from tabs.
My only request is to allow an option to default a numerical naming as well. Currently, I would like image in tab 1,2,3 in that order but the default is to save with the original naming so the order can be random. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13712226, 5 years agoTHIS IS IT! Tab Image Saver works in FireFox version 57+. Seek no further. INSTALL this now.
I have a small issue when I put a path in the Options:
"Images are saved in your Downloads path.
Optionally you can name a subfolder to save into.
Folder _______________________ "
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES saving simply REMOVE the path from the Folder field in this option and enjoy.
I do not mind re-locating my saved pictures from the Downloads folder to my image folder where I want. In fact I am able to select, sort, and choose different pictures for different folders offline. Grabbing the pictures from the Downloads folder is not a reason to rate this application low. This FANTASTIC app does exactly what it is supposed to do. THIS IS A 5-STAR APP!
I will explain how to use it for those who do not understand why this app is GREAT!
Open a picture in a tab, keep opening pictures in tabs... 1, 2, 3, 4. When you want to save ALL the pictures in ALL the tabs go back to the FIRST tab where the FIRST picture was opened (tab #1) and click the "Tab Image Saver" gray app down-arrow in the upper right corner. Depending on your Options YOU SET the app will save each picture in each tab (I choose to the right) into your Downloads folder. Perfect!
YOU MUST manually move YOUR pictures out of the Downloads Folder to the final folder where the pictures belong.
THIS IS A 5-STAR app.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13814721, 5 years agoUnbelievably helpful. I've been wanting a plugin like this for years. I used to rely on DownThemAll but it hasn't been converted over yet. This has some clever features as well.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Antoine Turmel, 5 years agoThis add-on deserve more love :) It works perfectly for me !
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 11494868, 5 years agoDoesn't work at all for images that are displayed on their own through a PHP script (no .jpg in the URL, but just an ID number).
Edit: thanks, works now. It now even gets the correct filename, even if the URL says something different. Probably the best image downloader as of now.Please try now with v1.1.2, there are improvements to filename handling
- Rated 4 out of 5by anunwantedbaby, 5 years agoHas some oddities when it comes to downloads, like not downloading a tab twice even if you click the button. Settings are nice enough, allow for plenty of customization. I especially like that it'll skip any pages it can't detect an image on or any image it can't properly download.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13546321, 6 years agoIt would be a possible alternative for "Save Images" together with "open links in tabs" if only it could save more than one Image from Tabs. I often have multiple tabs with 2 big Images.
Thank you for replying, now it works perfectly together with "open links in tabs."Try v1.2.0+ with new option "Filter: All images" to save multiple images per tab
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12381367, 6 years agoI click, nothing happens, or a message meaning no image downloaded.
I can see that I am not the only one disappointed.
There are certainly incompatibilities with some other add-on. I use video-download helper and addblock. I can't imagine desactivating the last one everytime I want to use TabImage saver.
Besides, it would have been more elegant to have a tool to browse the download folder on the parameter page. And even better, to have an option to decide on the fly where to download.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Taoki, 6 years agoWorks well for what it's intended to do, very helpful addon! What would be really nice is support for URL based filtering in images, such as "https://foo.com/*;https://bar.com/*"... if you could consider this for an addition feature I'd be really happy with it. Perhaps there could also be some support for profiles, so you can define and use multiple sets of settings to download different categories of images in various scenarios.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13297676, 6 years agoWorks most of the time, though I have encountered some small hiccups. For example, it doesn't download pictures from twitter with .jpg:small, .jpg:large, and .jpg:orig after their names. Other than that, works good and as intendedPlease try now with v1.1.2+, there are improvements to filename handling
- Rated 4 out of 5by Harry Haller, 6 years agoIt saves only to the download folder or a subfolder of it. That makes it useless for me. If I could choose any folder, it would be perfect.Save path is restricted by the WebExtensions API, it cannot be outside the default downloads folder.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Xi, 6 years agoMake life a lot easier!
If add it context menu, that's even better!
- Rated 5 out of 5by aviva24, 6 years agoОтличное дополнение! Я искал подобный очень давно - нажатием одной кнопки скачиваются картинки из всех вкладок справа от текущей. Большое спасибо автору!
Great addition! I was looking for such a very long time - one-button downloads images from all tabs to the right of the current one. Many thanks to the author!
- Rated 5 out of 5by libookami, 6 years agoI just tried it and it's working perfectly. Please allow to save the images on any path.
*Edit: it's not always saving all the opened image tabs but i don't know the reason. I selected the "All tabs option" in the preferences. Al so please give the option to only download from tabs that only contain one image file (for example if you open one image on it's own tab) to be able to avoid closing tabs with web pages.
*Edit 2: I see, this addon is almost golden, with that option and fixing the "All tabs" problem it'll be very good. I didn't knew about the path restriction but no problem if not possible.
*Edit 3: Just tried the new version and now works perfectly for my use case with the new options. If if find any bug i'll report it. Thanks a lot for creating this add-on!
Developer responseposted 6 years agoSave path is restricted by the WebExtensions API, it cannot be outside the default downloads folder.
Option to limit to tabs with direct images and ignore tabs with web pages will be in next release (v1.1.0), also should fix some issues with "All tabs".