- by Tails, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it says and looks good doing so. I often need to open multiple links in a row and this is a good way to make sure I didn't miss any without having to count the tabs manually.
- by Firefox user 14122237, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have a tendency to build up many tabs at once. My max has been roughly around 200 tabs open at once.
I was curious today and found this extension to check my current number.. I have 470 tabs open.......
I think it's time to clean some out.
- by bluesun, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Since I keep a number of tabs open and can't find a post v57 extension that lets me keep multiple rows of all open tabs, its easy to get lost when tabs are scrolled horizontally off screen. This is a handy little reminder there are out-of-sight tabs.
Note, waterfox (branched from FF v56) supports all legacy functions and extensions, including an extension to use multiple tab rows & also to place tabs below the bookmarks (vastly clearer UI I can't understand why FF v57 dropped). Try Waterfox for support of all modern add-ons and all your favorite legacy ones. It shares the profile with FF and gives you back your old favorite add-ons and more.
- by Firefox user 12807353, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I'm all about the simple yet highly effective tools. It tells you how many tabs you have open. That's it. I'm always surprised to see that I keep so many tabs open. Now, when I see a high number, it reminds me to pare down and close a number of tabs.
- by Firefox user 15200744, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Like others I tend to accumulate a lot of Tabs as I browse and I find this Add-On to be very useful in helping me know just how many are open.
It's also reassuring to know that it doesn't require any permissions.
I read earlier that the Tab Count font size could not be increased due to Firefox's developer restrictions and so I have chosen to have red text on a white background for increased readability as was suggested by the developer.
I like the fact that the counter updates in real time eg. when I issue a command to Close tabs on the right, I can keep an eye the count as it decreases (my tab count can be quite high).
In these days of increased RAM and increased Tabs, this extension genuinely fills a gap.