- by Esthirel, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Absolutley love this extension. It's so clear what it's doing and how to enable and disable certain options. There is no setback when surfing it's only adding pretection and info about your websites.
- by Firefox user 17267262, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Been a long-time user of Startpage for a long time now, and this extension is awesome! Gives a "privacy score" and keeps reminding me why I use Startpage.
- by Firefox user 17244388, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is awesome, been using it for a few days now and have blocked hundreds of cookies and trackers, but the Startpage search is the best part as it protects all of my searches
- by Default, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5It is like a complete anti-tracking suite with a zero-clicks configuration. Ideal if you need to quickly set up a browser (for instance for someone else in your family) and you don't want to go through all the tracking domains blocking through filters, privacy settings etc. You just install this and it already gives you a good privacy standard level.
- by Nyaa, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5There are people rating this extension low strictly on the basis that they think you should only use uBlock Origin as an extension. Ignore these reviews, this is a great extension that adds to privacy. This extension does more than what uBlock Origin does, uBlock Origin also has features that this extension does not provide. This is not a uBlock Origin clone, it is it's own extension. It is not meant to replace these extensions and the developers actively encourage you to use it alongside it.
This extension sends the do not track and the GPC signal. This is something that uBlock Origin does not do. It also ranks websites privacy giving it a score from 1-5, also a unique feature.
Stop trying to gatekeep privacy please and encourage adoption of new extensions and privacy tools. Locking ourselves to one single tool, even though it helps against browser fingerprinting, is a recipe for disaster. The problem is *not* the tools, it's the lack of good privacy laws. Extensions that increase privacy are a symptom of bad privacy laws, we shouldn't *have* to use any tool in the first place to have privacy.
- by lyle, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5After researching all the different types of privacy protection extensions, Startpage caught my eye. I'm glad I installed it - it's easy to understand with it's clean and minimal look! A definite eye opener to see how much tracking was done on my computer. Also, don't forget to make Startpage your default search engine (Google results but with privacy)!!
- by mevans87, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Love to see how many trackers and cookies are getting blocked on various sites I visit. The privacy report feature that shows the total amount blocked is super cool. I definitely feel a lot safer browsing the web with this installed!
- by MojoMax, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Tolle Erweiterung zum Blockieren von nervigen Trackern und Cookies, sehr empfehlenswert! Die Installation ist super einfach und ich finde alle Funktionen sehr verständlich. Angenehm finde ich auch, dass ich mich jetzt nicht mehr um die Cookie-Banner sorgen muss, weil Startpage von alleine alle invasiven Cookies blockiert!
- by Moritz, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Sehr hilfreiche Erweiterung! Man kann nachvollziehen, wie stark eine Webseite mit Trackern übersät ist. Besonders gut gefällt mir, dass ich einstellen kann, ob ich einzelne Tracker blockieren oder zulassen möchte.
- by Naps&Tacos, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension from my favorite search engine! It protects you from cookies, trackers, and fingerprinting. But, my favorite thing is that it gives a privacy rating to each site you visit.