- Rated 3 out of 5by emily, 3 months agoExcellent add on, but badly needs an update to allow users to tag tumblr blogs set to "dashboard view only." Tumblr is one of the spaces where Shinigami Eyes is the most consistently used, but in the past month it's become practically useless, since all the anti-trans blogs have learned to set their blogs to dash-view only. Update soon, please!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17622098, 3 months agoNeeds an update, it's been useless on Tumblr ever since they changed the way user urls are formatted from 'user dot tumblr dot com' to 'tumblr dot com slash user'. Now you can't mark profiles and they no longer show up as green or red. Works well for other sites though.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Rose838, a year agoThis add-on is useful ... as long as it's not being abused, and there doesn't appear to be a direct way of reporting that abuse (I had to create this account, just to write this review, in the hopes a developer will see it).
A blogger on tumblr has been falsely flagged as transphobic by other bloggers who don't like their not-trans-related fandom opinions. I thought I'd corrected it - I scoured their blog and found evidence of very positive, pro-trans opinions and not a single speck of transphobia, so I flagged them as trans-friendly.
And this isn't the only time I've seen this! Someone flagged an enby and KNOWN trans activist as transphobic on Wikipedia. This person had to flee their country for their trans activism, but sure, I guess we'll let somebody call them transphobic??
... I found out today that when I fix a flase flag, it only fixed the flagging on MY computer specifically. This blogger is still being harassed and bullied for "being transphobic" because of the way they are FALSELY flagged by this extension.
Until some sort of quality assurance comes into play, I'm afraid I can't trust any Shinigami Eyes highlight - I have to personally assess every single time, and it's frustrating to know that I can't ACTUALLY correct a blatant false flag. There has GOT to be a way of genuinely correcting false flags, because transphobes know about this extension, and they are more than willing to use it maliciously.
- Rated 3 out of 5by LetItBurn, 2 years agoAs many have suggested already, removing the trans friendly filter would be good because it allows bigoted individuals to find targets for harassment. I think it would also be good to add a feature that could show the post that caused the individual user to flag someone as transphobic, I would love to be able to check for myself without having to filter trough dozens of posts
- Rated 3 out of 5by doctordeity, 2 years agoThis is a very good idea, and I absolutely adore this add-on! However, there is a reason I have rated this 3 stars instead of 5 - the trans-friendly marker.
I understand that names being highlighted in green makes it a lot easier to find people with nuanced views on gender, but it is also incredibly inviting for harassment from transphobes. Unfortunately, this add-on is quite popular among TERFs. Thus, I would like to request the complete removal of the trans-friendly marker, as ultimately, it is doing more harm than good.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15318657, 3 years agoFunctions, but I question why people like Contrapoints are marked as trans-friendly when they spout transphobic abuse to anyone who isn't trans in the way they like.