- by Firefox user 15550166, 5 days agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on works great! Is there a way to have it choose a random bookmark as the homepage? I'd like to see a different bookmark every time I start Firefox.
- by Firefox user 12413881, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Since some weeks it does not work anymore on a "normal" Firefox on Windows (I use the latest ff version 76.0.1). When I click on the random bookmark icon a popup opens, saying "Loading Your Bookmarks - Sorry, wait a moment until your bookmarks are preloaded". This message does not go away, even after deactivating and activating the plugin.
Update: With the newest version available (i have 2.0.9 installed), the plugin works again. Thank you for the fix!
- by Firefox user 15068670, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5could you please update it for it can use on android firefox ;_ ; i really want use it on phone firefox... but it doesn't work on mobile. i anytime appreciate your work thx reading ;)
Developer responseposted 2 years agoI'll look into rebuilding it when i get some time from the ground up. I want to optimize it.
Edit: I just reviewed the documentation on what I have access to and unfortunately, getting bookmarks is not supported on Firefox for Android. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/bookmarks
- by AnnanFay, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5~~It doesn't seem to work if you open a new tab. It will keep opening the new page in the old tab.~~
UPDATE: As the author explains in a reply you can change this behaviour in the settings.
I think the default settings are a bit weird. Of the three options it seems like the least intuitive setting.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello,
There are options that you can set for the plugin.
The default is to open a new tab and keep using that tab.
If you want it to always open up in a new tab, you can change that in the options.
- by irripod , 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶-̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶
̶P̶.̶S̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶F̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶n̶t̶u̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶'̶R̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶'̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶.̶
IT WORKS GREAT NOW. THANK YOU!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi irripod, which version of firefox are you using? I've only tested with Firefox Quantum (57) and i'm currently unable to reproduce what you're describing.
Edit: I have no clue how else to contact you but i've updated it in 1.0.2 so that the options page is in its own window now. Hopefully it works for you now.