- Rated 1 out of 5by pandapal, 6 years agoI don't know what happened to all the old "open in" or "open with" extensions that used to work perfectly. Now all the extensions need an add-on program installed. I added Python but it still doesn't work. I have no idea how to do the "install" command. So this is basically worthless. Could we get some more detailed instructions? Or just make it simpler for all us non-geeks?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13465772, 6 years agoFirefox57 kills it, even Python script install on windows does not work, "see browser console" -> where should you find this? Conclusion : too complicated for the average user.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13447818, 6 years agoThe requirement to have Python installed makes this pointless. I am on a work computer and can't install a thing.
I'm sorry you were neutered by the changes to Firefox.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Drumbeat, 6 years agoShame Firefox has gone and killed many add-ons. I can't even get this new version of Open With to work! I don't even understand what you are telling me, Geoff! Maybe I should ask Santa for some intelligence as a Christmas present!
Look, your extension's preferences highlight a 'click here to download' link, but click after click after click on that link does nothing! No link address opens. Baffled!
One final question: Should Open With work in Waterfox?
Thanks for trying, Geoff, and I've really appreciated your past work, but this newie version of yours is too much like hard work to understand, yet operate. Maybe somebody out there who has written positive feedback will let the rest of us know how on earth you got Open With up and running.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Terabyte, 6 years agoAll of a sudden after the update the addon doesn't work anymore. I have to install PYTHON to get it working again?!? I've never heard of this kind of thing for any other addon so far. I've downgraded to the previous version even though it shows an OBSOLETE tag, once it's time to update FF I'll simply uninstall it, and search for a possible replacement.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13434744, 6 years agoOpen With stopped working with latest release, 7.02. I'm using Firefox 56.0.2 (64-bit).
First - crappy programming. As a retired IT professional I'd like to say if something else was needed to make your updated app work (I.E. Python), along with additional commands, they should have been included to execute in background, Rookie programming here.
It also would have been nice to offer a back-out option to the prior version so we didn't lose the entire function. BTW, I have happily used Open With since day one and I am really disappointed. Time to find an alternative.
Clarks Summit, Pa.