- by Firefox user 16796814, 10 days agoRated 1 out of 5You will lose all of your saved tabs sooner or later. make backups regularly. Firefox/Chrome...doesn't matter. This extension seems great but it will break your heart and make your life a nightmare. After the first time, I gave them a pass and now I am screwed. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. Check out what they have to say about this app in Reddit. F**k me.
- by Ubaid, a month agoRated 1 out of 5I accidentally logged out from Firefox and when i logged in , all my one tabs are lost i lost all my data. Is there nay way, please there were very important tabs i stored in one tab. please help me.
- by FaeGiN, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Well after reading many reviews, which I strongly urge YOU to do before touching this, I went against my better judgement and thought Id install it and just give it a test run whilst making sure to back up anything I relied on OneTab to handle for me. So I am one of those guys who has anything from 101 tabs to 550 tabs open pretty much all of the time! Yes I know it seems dumb, hogs memory, slows firefox down, drains the system RAM over time...etc, etc, etc but thats what I do because I am a bit scatty and I so often am not finished with reading or going down that particular thought train and really want to continue with it at some point. And so I leave another tab open, planning to revisit. I do admit that my current tab count of 514 is a bit over stupid and I will be culling that number after I submit this review.
So what was my experience? It was not great I can tell you. It resembled what I had read about in manymreviews. In a nutshell: OneTab saved hundreds of tabs as advertised and then when restoring....well, it just didnt! it was as if I had asked it to restore a selection of random links out of the list of over 300 it had made. As if I'd asked it to randomly pick ANY of the links and restore them but only restore less than 50 , one time it reached towards 100 so I was becoming happier hehe. But not happy.
This is DANGEROUS and should come with a warning to expect data loss!!
As I said, I took precautions. I simply created (...or 'saved' I think I should call it, a ne??(w session which is just using the session manager to give me a back up of all of the tabs that were open before I did anything drastic like trust an addon to do what it promised and handle some tab urls and restore them when asked to. Luckily, session manager works great...so does firefox sync, which was my secondary backup I suppose cos I had just sync'd my open tabs and sent them to other firefox open on my other PC and my laptop!
Well dear reader, if there still are any at this point, I want to leave you with some predictable advice so, here goes..l
Please Dont Bother With This!
I dont think it is ready for Prime time. Not quite yet. Too unpredictable for now and too risky for your data to be handled by and trusted with.
If you must have a go then be smart: Do some backup like my method.
DON'T LOSE DATA
*longest review I ever did write
- by laugher, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Installed this with the hopes of managing the many tabs I have opened.
OneTab took all my tabs, converted it into a list that allowed me to easily review and delete the ones I no longer need.
However, when I tried to restore the clean list of tabs from OneTab back into FireFox, it only restored 5 tabs out of 84.
Buggy and cannot be relied upon if you want to cleanup your tabs. I have since deleted/uninstalled this extension.
- by Firefox user 16991052, a month agoRated 1 out of 5When it works its great when things go wrong - things go very wrong.
Firefox crashed lost all links pushed to one tab. Requested assistance multiple time and never got a response.
- by Muse, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Quite dangerous to rely on OneTab for your "saved" pages! I lost TWICE in a year MANY of my saved tabs. use it at your own risk!!! Much better to be safe to use Bookmarks instead. Onetab is for light and occasional daily use. You have to ALWAYS worry whenever you do a firefox update and THINK to backup before you proceed... NOT the kind of easygoing addon that devs want you to believe.
- by yaoh, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Great idea, but when restoring the tabs by "Restore all tabs" only a part of the tabs was restored. Thus only unnecessary effort to find the tabs in the history again. If it would work reliably, it would be a great tool.
- by Firefox user 16901100, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Firefox with four windows and multiple tabs each. One tab a single window of multiple tabs. One tab a second window of multiple tabs. Revert one of those, and then try to revert the second. I just lost every tab in one of them, bar the first. I needed those tabs. You have a serious bug. Uninstalled.
- by Firefox user 13139449, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Great App with Default Issues. The problem is that OneTab has the wrong default for when you restore one or all tabs in your browser. Instead of keeping your stored tabs for next time, OneTab amazingly by default deletes all those precious tabs from OneTab after you have restored them in your browser. So guess what... next time you try to restore your precious tabs you won't be able to find them. Come on OneTab Technical Team. Change your default please, to retain restored tabs (rather than deleting them). You know it makes sense.
- by BeersTM, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5l'ho usata per più di tre anni, e solo dopo quest'ultimo aggiornamento mi ha cancellato tutti i link di lavoro che avevo messo da parte per proseguire in seguito, ora dovro conttattare i collegghi per farmi dare tutti gli indirizzi persi.. questa non ci voleva proprio.
Volevo dare 5 stelle all'inizio ma dopo questo difetto grave a mio avviso.. non le merita, per tanto sarebbe gradito un tasto di backup che cra in una cartella a nostra scelta un file txt contenente tutti i link da noi inseriti, in questo modo sarà possibile ripristinare tutto in caso di problemi come questo.
- by liem, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5Советую крайне осторожно использовать расширение. При нажатии на иконку расширения, СРАЗУ все вкладки открытые переносит в "OneTab", при попытке восстановить вкладки в классическую компановку браузера, не хвтатило памяти ибо расширение открывает все вкладки по новой одну за одной и 4 гб озу улетели в трубу(было 1800+ вкладок), из них удалось восстановить до вылета почти 1000, остальное по возможности восстановил через историю. Аддон требует привыкания к использованию и да, главную свою функцию он выполняет, комп меньше напрягался тк по сути архивированные вкладки он делает закладками полностью выгружая их из памяти, но при этом если удалить расширение не восстановив вкладки(что само по себе проблема если у вас мало озу и много вкладок) то они сотрутся вместе с расширением.
- by Sergey, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5потерял все свои вкладки без возможности их восстановить. А**еть сэкономил время и автоматизировал работу...
Если открыть вкладки он их открывает по одной - нереально медленно.
Вообще не понял зачем это приложение в принципе!