- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17527379, 4 months agoI'm only writing this in response to the previous review who claimed the source code of this was changed to collect user data. He seems to be wrong about this particular version which is a fork and not maintained by the same people as far as I am aware. It clearly even says so on the main page of this addon, and on the github page for it. The article he posted says that a malicious file called connect.js was added, and he himself states nano adblocker was sold in October of 2020. The github page for this addon says it was last updated in the same month and year, October 2020. I searched the files on github for the supposedly malicious file "connect.js" and couldn't find a file by that name. A another reviewer says it was only the chrome or chromium version that was bought out, if this is true it means the firefox version shouldn't have been changed. I'm not and cannot claim to know for sure that this version of nano defender is completely free of malicious code, but it seems to me it is free from this particular case. Please correct me if I am wrong. Other reviews claim this extension doesn't work anymore, I don't know about that, I just wanted to clarify the last review posted.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12792321, 5 months agoEn ATTENTION: Addon Not Recommended! Was sold October 2020 to Turkish developers and subsequently changed the source code to collect user data to transmit them to the "home" server and then presumably use commercially!
De/EU ACHTUNG! Addon NICHT Empfehlenswert! Wurde Oktober 2020 an türkische Entwickler verkauft und in folge der Quellcode verändert um User -daten zu sammeln um diese zum „Home“-Server zu übermitteln und dann mutmaßlich kommerziell zu nutzen!
- Rated 1 out of 5by a_developer_fastidious_about_specifications, a year agoこれは [広告をブロックする仕組みをブロックする仕組みをブロックする拡張機能] です｡ しかし､ 正常に動作しません｡ 具体例として､ 以下のメッセージが表示されます｡
なお､ Firefox には [広告をブロックする仕組みをブロックする仕組みをブロックする拡張機能] が 2つ存在します｡ [Anti-Adblock Blocker] と [Nano Defender for Firefox] です｡ 両方で上記のメッセージが表示されます｡ よって､ 全滅です｡
- Rated 1 out of 5by Nuno Leal Correia, a year agoNano Defender Integracion and filters are outdated because gitcdn.xyz its down an long time ago! Please update sources.
In alternative you can use mirrors to continue using Nano Defender. Google it
- Rated 1 out of 5by FlipsTheSlayer, a year agoThe extra instructions for uBlock Origin no longer apply as the filters listed for them are broken. This still hasn't been fixed after months and months, and the creator has seemingly disappeared from the internet judging by their github profile, so I've given up on this extension and its filter lists. I recommend people use the Fuck Fuckadblock filter list instead, it seems to do everything this extension and its filter lists used to do and more: https://github.com/bogachenko/fuckfuckadblock
- Rated 3 out of 5by phytolen, a year agoextra steps for ublock origin not working.
'nano filter', 'nano defender' does not update after subscribing. (0 used out of 0)
i cannot view any filter list when i click on the links in 'extra steps' except below mentioned case.
'adblock warning removal list' does not show up even after subscribing. When i copy it custom filters it doesn't get copied.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15054869, 2 years agoStill kind of concerned about the future of this extension, also wondering why the author didn't decide to change the name of the extension to distance the Firefox version from the Chromium version (the Chromium version was bought out and is no longer safe to use).
Aside from that it is pretty decent, I personally use it alongside uBlock Origin on FF (I never used it back when I was on Chrome years ago). It works very well, just make sure you go through the proper setup if you use it with uBlock Origin.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Ben Shapiro, 2 years agoFantastic add-on. It is NOT malicious. Only the chromium version. Anyone saying so below has done zero actual research on the topic:
- Rated 1 out of 5by testing123, 2 years agoArs Technica says uninstall immediately!!! https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/10/popular-chromium-ad-blockers-caught-stealing-user-data-and-accessing-accounts/
Developer responseposted 2 years agoPlease read also: https://github.com/LiCybora/NanoDefenderFirefox/issues/187#issue-718878286
The harmful one is on Chromium only and nothing about Firefox
Before spreading/forwarding message, please make sure it is a fact.