- Rated 3 out of 5by rogue117, 9 months agoI have been enjoying the extension. Until recently, I've got a lot of corrupted downloads. Videos downloaded without errors, but cannot play. This starts from like 2 weeks ago, everything worked fine before. Hope the Jingyu can take a look into this. Thx.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoThis is a Firefox issue and has been fixed in the latest Firefox. Sorry for the trouble.
- Rated 3 out of 5by VerbaL, 9 months agoVery good addon. BUT, on "**Network Error**" (i got sometimes in last months, so i decided to download addon) broken download, app stop download, and it does not resume automatically the download, i need to *manually* open app tray and click "START" on the queued job 'till the download goes 100%, also 10 times if files are very large. If this problem could be resolved, 5 stars without doubt!!!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Matthias Reichshof, 2 years agoUnfortunetally i'm not able to throttle the speed of (one of) the downloads. In a download manager a must.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15987320, 3 years agowas working great 5-stars, but suddenly useless with ff76 update which I blame entirely.
downloads 100% but doesn't save.
Unknown error: The operation failed for reasons unrelated to the file storage itself and not covered by any other error code.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoI think it is because of the API changes. See https://github.com/jingyu9575/multithreaded-download-manager/wiki/Important-changes-for-Firefox-75
Try updating the extension to 3.2 and set "storage API" to "default". Unfortunately, old downloads that starts with the old API cannot be continued with the new API.
- Rated 3 out of 5by White, 3 years agoGet this extension "Recommended badge from firefox", only then I will use it. I am afraid of its permissions right now.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15306635, 3 years agoDear author.
If filesize more than 250 mb ==> STOP and massage The current file handle exceeded is quota limitation.
I tried many settings.
With older versions the same.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15285986, 4 years agoIt works great. BUT I hate that I have to give it access to my clipboard. I see the convenience of it, but equally it's a gaping security hole. I'd like to either see an option to disable it (actually I'm surprise Firefox don't allow granular permissions changes), or an additional plugin that has the clipboard functionality removed entirely. If not for this issue I'd give it 5 stars without question. It's a very powerful yet elegant solution.
- Rated 3 out of 5by 9394952, 4 years ago有个非常不好的地方就是会预分配下载内容大小的全部内存，如果下载文件太大（例如win10安装盘iso）时，会变得很痛苦，内存都被占用了，应该设置一个阀值，超过时就不占用全部内存，缓冲一定数量后直接写盘
- Rated 3 out of 5by CONSTANTINE, 5 years ago你好作者，關於之前的UI語言問題，我已經翻譯好了。方便提供一下信箱嗎？以txt文件傳送給你可以嗎？我沒有github帳戶，不是寫程式碼的就不註冊了。奇怪，我之前的評論怎麼不見了！信箱：我的用戶名，在 hotmail.com 。謝謝！
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13645153, 5 years agotried your "MultiThreaded Download Manager" v0.7.1 on Windows 10 in Firefox (FF) v57.0.4 with ABP, NoScript, etc.
that version showing : "100%" downloaded, but progress bar remains as red-colored ! and %USERPROFILE%\Downloads\ folder has no downloaded file ! where is it saving by default ? !!! DOM / FF-Temp/Cache ?
after pressing the play button (shown next to filename), the file "Save as" window appears, but even after doing that, still NO file inside selected folder ! both HTTP & HTTPS based download fails to save into selected local folder.
EDIT: above problems are solved, after FF was restarted once :)
One more issue is : many secure website (for example: "https://www.example.com/") uses a common(multidomain) or primary/main/"www" or wildcard/* based SSL CERTIFICATE for all of their sub-domains. So when FF user has accepted such primary/multidomain/wildcard SSL-cert for their different subdomain (for example: "https://download.example.com/", "https://cdn.example.com/", ...) to view webpages and if FF user attempts to download file(s) from such HTTPS based subdomain, then files are not downloaded by this extension ! So this extension need to recognize those (multidomain/primary/wildcard) type of SSL-cert which is used by that subdomain (as user has already accepted that SSL-cert inside FF) or this extension need to prompt/ask FF-user to view+approve that SSL-cert (for that subdomain) to continue downloading process over encrypted HTTPS connection. The play-button which is shown next to file-name, can bring the "Save as" window, but cannot save file into selected folder !
EDIT: above problem still exists even after restarting FF once. And after restarting FF, now "Save as" window does not appear anymore for such downloads ! so such files are not downloaded !Next time the item becomes red, please hover the mouse on the red cross icon, and report the error message shown. This may help me know the reason.
The cache directory is %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***\storage\permanent\moz-extension+++***\idb\***.files\ . The extension should move the file out when the download is finished.
About the HTTPS problem: I may be able to workaround by prompting the user. However as far as I know, most HTTPS sites are trusted by the browser and do not need manual approval. If all HTTPS websites show the certificate prompt, there is a possibility that your ISP is actively monitoring your Internet connection.
- Rated 3 out of 5by yyds2324, 5 years ago没有独立的下载管理器，下载管理界面太简陋，不能像 downthemall 一样统计网络下载速度峰值，平均值，还有限速，downthemall退出火狐浏览器后还能用独立的下载管理器继续下载，其他做得很好了.希望作者改进> 没有独立的下载管理器；退出火狐浏览器后还能用独立的下载管理器继续下载