- by Promidi, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5With the latest Firefox nighty 64bit, upon completion of download via Multithreaded Download Manager, I get the following error message.
this.mutableFile.getFile is not a function. Worked ok with previous Nightly Builds.
I am on Firebox 74.0a1 File version 188.8.131.5221Firefox Nightly 74 just removed an important function (getFile) that the extension depends on.
The extension has been updated to workaround this issue, but the performance of saving files will decrease.
Additionally, it is unknown whether Firefox will remove the whole mutableFile API in the near future. If so, the entire storage layer will need to be rewritten. It may or may not be possible to build this extension with acceptable performance then.
I'll see how things go and prepare workarounds if possible.
- by Sergey Twersky, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Perhaps one of the best download managers for Firefox. But, is it possible to add the ability to choose where a temporary file is created? By default, Firefox writes a temporary file to the download directory, I would like the same behavior from this extension. A little stupid, but I do not like to create an extra load on the SSD.
- by Firefox user 14614104, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It the best extension for download files. When you add minimise to tray :-) Will be 7*.
I uses RBTray (To minimise extension to tray). Can you add "ICO" to card manager. When I minimise your extension to TRAY, it haven't ICON :-)
- by Mahdi Jazini, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5it's great. but there is a little problem in it. the problem is: your extension is unable to complete the download because windows can't save a files that contains (:\|/?><"*) characters. is it possible for you to repair it in your new version? after a completed download, please automatically replace illegal windows xp characters with a legal character. for example: if the downloaded file was (test:test.jpg) after a completed download, automatically change it to (test-test.jpg) then automatically start the selected download again to complete the step two. using this way will save my time. because my downloaded files are more but after a completed download, i'll see this message for every downloaded file: (filename must not contain illegal characters) and i must click (edit) for every download and change the file name then click the play again :( thank you :)
- by DebR, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5store temporary files in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pbxeypp5.default-release-1563801646255\storage\default\moz-extension+++7ca4b0a4-1688-4cc9-bd4d-db1deecbddcb\idb\3109085620fsiel.files folder.. This should be mentioned in the documentation and available to all the users whoever add this because it took me sometime to find the path. EE is great .. Also that cache is being cleared automatically after the completion of the download... Sincere thanks and appreciation to the developer.
- by Gats, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Please add the option of choosing the directory, where it will be kept the current downloading cache.
Now it is not clear where the current download cache is stored (most likely on the system drive, where I use SSD). I do not want to kill the SSD with cache, so I would like to be able to set the path for the cache
- by Firefox user 15306635, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Dear author.
If filesize more than 250 mb ==> STOP and massage The current file handle exceeded is quota limitation.
I tried many settings.
With older versions the same.