- by FF&TB_Rock!, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've used it for years. Cute little thing. Clean, and simple to use. The developer's english ain't too good, but I can put up with that! :)As a free open source tool we ask the users to participate in the optimization.
Please indicate which paragraph is not understandable and if possible already make a suggestion for it.
- by Firefox user 14292307, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like proxyswitch. It's simple and easy to manage. But I wonder why this extension suddenly requires rights to "Access your data for all websites". Can you explain that? Browser plugins can create serious security issues and be a target for people trying to snoop on lots of users...Switching to WebExtension some features of the MM3-ProxySwitch are missing. Many users asked for it, including the feature "Automatic switching" (testUrl).
This feature is now implemented. This requires the possibility to check a URL for accessibility. This is implemented via a "HEAD" request to the server.
We documented this in two sections:
Requested Permissions: https://Proxy-Offline-Browser.com/ProxySwitch/#Download
- by arana arana, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5YEs it is great to have it working again as a webextensions addon, I hope we could get some of the old functionality even if we have to do some workaround or manual text editing (like the testURL setting, and shortcuts ).
- by sharp, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5If the proxy status is off, it should turn to "on" automatically when a proxy is selected . Instead of turn the status to on manually , so convenient, reduce two mouse click. But just keep the "off" state(use the broswer's setting)-- when not using the proxy.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoWhen activating another configuration, the button "Switich on" had to be clicked additionally. This has been changed in the version 2017.482
Due to the not yet complete previous range of functions, the usefulness of this keyword "direct" is limited. In the new version, this keyword is now named "active". This better describes the functionality.
Please note, due to the many changes made in Firefox, the MM3-ProxySwitch also had to be redeveloped. The previous scope of functions could not be reached yet and the documentation is also not completely adapted yet.
- by matrixyyy, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this extension for years for its simple and convenient usage at all aspects (GUI, configure syntax, etc), comparing to other similar extensions. However, for the beta version 2017.461 which is migrating to WebExtension technology, is not as convenient as before (the one using XUL).
1. In before if I want to switch off or switch on the proxy, simply clicking the extension button once is enough. Now it requires two clicks - click once to drop down the menu, then click once to select the menu entry of switch on/off.
2. In before, there was a down side triangle which will drop down the candidate proxies for selection once clicked. If I select one pre-defined proxy, the proxy is selected **and switched on automatically**. Now in beta version, selecting proxy and switching on/off are separated operations. I need one more click if switching from proxy-off mode to with-one-proxy mode.
3. the icon/button in the toolbar is not as bright as before when proxy is switched on, that is confusing of whether the proxy is on or off.
In one word, I prefer the old way to interact with MM3 Proxy Switch. I am not sure if current behavior is due to the WebExtension technology. However, if possible, I wan to see my favorite extension can have the same way of interacting with end user as before, which is more convenient, I think.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoFrom Firefox 57, the previously used native interface (XUL) has been omitted, this caused a complete reprogramming with the new interface WebExtension of Firefox. This interface does not yet contain all previous functions. That's why unfortunately many details had to be changed.
The previously used two-part switch with a one-click handling was possible, unfortunately no longer exists. That's why two clicks are needed now.
The default theme has been changed from a light to a dark background. With a dark background, the MM3-Icon (button) is not clearly visible. This has been changed in the new version.