- Rated 5 out of 5by cregox, 4 years agoboy, was it hard to find an extension able to do such a simple textarea trick to resize its size so i could print the full form to pdf on android! thanks for this wonderful extension!!
- Rated 3 out of 5by gcyrillus, 4 years agoI was a user of EditCSS, which was attached on the side of the window This is what i miss the most here.
(i dislike the popup that can be moved and its opacity) A neat side bar is fine.
It would allow to add/edit styles without loading every style sheet from the page opened. That was a great and simple tool saving time , you could load or save a local file.
I used it to create my style sheet and could open/save them locally and see right away the result. No need to run a whole editing program I wish we would have these basic options too . i find myself using mostly jsbin or codepen editors for those purpose instead while editing live a page for debugging i use the webtools from the browsers . Searching again to see if anything alike EditCSS came up, i found this addon and realized it was already installed . A light version able to open/save local style sheet would be great (Also not running a server - light and simple should be plenty efficient ;) ).
Thanks for reading.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Raf, 5 years agoОтсутствует кнопка закрепления. При повторном открытии поисковика приходится активировать снова.
There is no pin button. When you re-open the search engine you have to activate again.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14783576, 5 years agoI wish it'd permanently save the changes. The fact that I have to open the addon from the icon every time is annoying. Would this be possible to fix?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14475097, 5 years agoSuper efficient live editor !
I believe that an external window would be specially useful for Responsive design.
Changing the blue color to a more neutral dark-grey (#555 or so) could be good also to avoid style disturbing. A bit of material design wouldn't harm it either, while less important.
In fact to be ideal, you should offer a Light/Dark theme switcher where the whole layout would be White or dark, without borders, but a neat shadow ;-)
Thanks already for your work.
If you'd appreciate help for the UI CSS, ask me and I'll answer you with pleasure.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoGlad that you like it :-)
Possible features/changes are listed in the page at https://github.com/webextensions/live-css-editor/blob/master/TODO.md
Implementing that would be a bigger change. There is an existing workaround which can solve the use-case of editing in responsive design view to an ok-enough level. You can use the feature "Watch CSS files to apply changes automatically" and follow the instructions there to set it up. After that, open your file in any code editor and edit it. You changes would reflect immediately.
Providing light/dark theme:
That may need an alternative copy of the icons and the UI for it. Since that is extra effort, I'm currently lazy about it ;-)
Changing the background color to neutral dark-gray with appropriate shadow:
That can be done.
I've added your suggestions in the TODO file mentioned above, but may not be taking them up soon due to other listed priority tasks or time constraints. PRs are welcome :-)